"And you are?" She questioned.

The man nodded and moved forward to take the seat at the other end of the table. It left several empty seats between him and the others nearest to him. He pulled something from his pocket, and placed it on the table but kept his hand on it, so they couldn't see what it was.

"My name is Kai Chisaki," the man said.

There was no flash of recognition from anyone.

"You might better know me as Overhaul," he continued.

That brought recognition. Yumiko still didn't know who he was, but the Commissioner General did. "What?" His spluttered question was full of denial. "The Eight Precepts are meant to be destroyed."

The man just quirked an eyebrow. "As if I'd let that punk destroy us."

"The Eight what?" Yumiko demanded.

The Commissioner General turned to the Minister, aware that she shouldn't even be present in the room with this man. "The Eight Precepts were... are a Yakuza organisation," he explained.

Chisaki gave him a nod. "We got into a bit of a fight with the League," he added the explanation.

"So they didn't destroy you?" The Commissioner General demanded.

"They like to think they have."

Yumiko nodded. She could read between the lines. Politicians said the same as Yakuza it appeared. The League had done a number on the Precepts, probably destroying facilities and killing members, but they hadn't got them all.

"So, I have an offer for you," Chisaki said, lifting his hand to reveal what he'd placed on the table.

It appeared to be a vial, or a liquid bullet, the type some of the old movies had.

Yumiko looked at it. She didn't know what it was. Again the Commissioner General gasped. As did the Head of the Public Safety Bureau.

"You completed it?" The question was whispered.

Yumiko knew better than to demand to know immediately.

Chisaki lifted his hand to his mask, pulling it off. He smiled. "We did and I'm prepared to offer them for use against the League. Off the record, of course."

Yumiko got the impression that if the Commissioner General could scramble back, he would. What was that bullet?

The Head of the Public Safety Bureau tore her eyes away from the bullet to look at the Commissioner General. The man was pale but saw her look. He took a deep breath before he nodded.

"Off the record," he confirmed.

Chisaki lifted one hand, swiping over the bullet before he put it back in his pocket as he rose. "I'll let you explain," he said, pleasantly, turning to leave.

Yumiko didn't move as he left.

"You'd better bloody well explain!" She growled as soon as the door closed. "And it better bloody be good," she added, glaring at the public servants.

This had better be darn good!

-afop-

When Imoku requested Tomura come to dinner with Toga, I knew the League had a problem. When Tomura immediately rang me to come, and sent Toga away, I knew it was a huge problem. My mind was full of possibilities. Betrayal? The problem with that is the simple fact that everyone is a possibility then. Villain society isn't know for its loyalty but all those in the League, those who made up the core of the League had been tested together. They were loyal, or as loyal as anyone was going to get.