Chapter One

"I can't believe you don't find Agust D enticing!" Hobi hyung calls out in indignation- his hair bouncing due to his habit of talking with his body, "I mean look at his body! His eyes are so cat like and deep I could get lost in them forever! And that ass..." 

"Okay! I'm sorry hyung, but I love him for his music- not anything else." Hobi hyung jolts like I slapped him, "Plus he's my height! I want someone taller than me."

He frowns before nodding, "I get it Jiminie. Think about how strong this man is though. I mean his Gift is literally super strength. I bet he could lift me up and fuck me against the wall..." I wince as Hobi hyung's eyes start to zone out.

"Hyung! No!" He chuckles as I continue, "And you're a bottom?"

"No. I am a switch," that's surprising. Hobi hyung has always been a domineering presence. I've always thought he was a top, "I don't really care to be honest, but if Agust D isn't a switch I'd fuck or be fucked with no problem."

"So... when you and Li-noona dated did you top?"

I watch as his face gets red before he chuckles sheepishly, "Actually... noona and I only dated to make her parents happy. Noona just didn't like that her parents always yelling at her for being single." He sighs before adding, "We did not have sex. It would have been just plain weird..."

I frown as what he says registers, "Why didn't you tell me hyung? I'm your best friend!" I pout as I stare at him, "Why didn't you trust me? And if it was fake why did you break up?"

"I'm sorry Jiminie! I didn't tell you because I didn't know how to, plus noona asked to keep it completely secret," he moves to pull me against his chest, his heartbeat a familiar rhythm that never fails to calm me down. "We decided to break up because she started to develop a crush on some barista down at our favorite café."

I snuggle closer to his chest and sigh before asking, "Did you like her hyung?"

I hear him take in a shuddering breath before whispering against my hair, "I think... on some level I did."

My eyes widen, "Why didn't you tell her hyung?" When he doesn't answer immediately I panic, "I'm sorry if that's too personal! I'm sorry hyung!"

He twists me around to where I'm basically straddling his lap. He kisses the top of my head and then my forehead reverently, "Shhh... Jiminie! You're okay little brother, don't worry. I didn't tell her because I was okay with letting her go. I didn't love her. I knew I only liked her because of how much time we spent together." He runs his fingers through my hair, "You're my little brother, never be afraid of asking hyung a question. Okay Jiminie?"

I look down at the floor as I nod slowly, relieved Hobi hyung doesn't mind me asking such personal questions, "Hyung..." He looks at me with a raised eyebrow, "can I sleep in your room tonight? Can we cuddle hyungie?"

He laughs before nodding as he starts to cradle me in his arms, "What do you think it would be like to be Gifted?"

I let my head fall onto his shoulder in contemplation. To be Gifted? That would probably be an amazingly terrifying blessing. Not many people are born Gifted. It's something about the purity of your soul. No one understands why or how people with Gifts are chosen- why they're born like that. I guess I would be amazed but... to hold that power? How could I even begin to control a power when I have always been an emotional wreck?

"Jiminie?" I look up at Hobi hyung to see his glancing down at me with a soft smile.

"Sorry hyungie. I think I would be terrified hyung. I don't know if I would be able to keep myself in control."