No Matter What - Callum Scott

Karlie's POV:

I decided that I was done hiding who I was and I called my parents to fly down to visit Taylor's parents' house, I had only tell half the truth about Andrea having cancer and that I was there to support them.

Andrea knew what I was planning,as I explained to her what I wanted to do.

My parents arrived the next day and I was scared beyond belief, I hadn't told Taylor ghat I was going to come out to them again.

She was nervous because she knew that she would have to hide our relationship but I knew otherwise.

An Hour before my parents landed, I came out on social media, posting an intimate picture where I kissed Taylor and the Swifties blew up with support and most of the comments where in the line of : 'Finally!!!' , 'Yass Queen!' and ' I told you!!' .

Then there was the occasional hate but they were quickly shut up by the supportive Swifties.

My parents finally arrived and my nerves were shot, Taylor thought she knew why but only Andrea and Scott knew why.

*Door bell rings*

I got up but Andrea stopped me and opened the door herself.

"Welcome to our home,come in!"

" Thank you for having us over! Your home is lovely" I heard my mother reply.

She soon came into view and she hugged me,as did my dad.

They saw Taylor,gave a faint nod and a small side hug and my heart sunk in that moment.

Andrea had prepared lunch for us and as we all sat down,I took a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak and I felt Taylor's hand squeeze my leg softly underneath the table,away from view.

"Mom,dad. Thank you for being here, it means the world to me and the Swift's.

My mom and dad smiled softly.

" I have disappointed you a few times over the course of this year but I will disappoint you one last time and then I'm done,what happens after this, is up to you but I will not change."

Taylor turned to me and gave me a puzzling look.

" I took your advice and judgement and married Josh but I never truly loved him, but I love Taylor. I know you don't approve but I'm done changing for people that don't appreciate my own judgement. So if you don't accept it,that is fine but I would much like to have both of you in my life because I love you both very much."

Taylor stood up and held my hand above the table and I softly kissed her.

My mom looked at me and smiled.

" You were always the one to follow your own will Karlie, I am sorry that we forced you to marry Joshua,we just wanted grandchildren and when you're gay,we can't have them"

" Mom, you will still have grandchildren, even if me and Taylor are together!"

"Thank goodness! Well, it will take awhile to get used to but we love you too Karlie and Taylor, I know you will look after our little girl"

"Mom, I'm not a little girl anymore!"

"Karlie,for as long as I live, you will be my little girl so hush!"

We all laughed and for once it felt like I could breathe,like I stopped holding my breath and just took in some fresh air.