T-Shirt - Gnash

Karlie's POV
I was officially done with our fake marriage and I was packing.

I gathered boxes and packed most of my things into the boxes.

Joshua could keep everything, I don't want anything else from him, I want this marriage to be over as soon as possible.

I had about 3 possible apartments that I had to go look at for the day and I was excited to say the least.

I found a beautiful 3 bedroom,top floor apartment with a bathroom overlooking New York.

The bathroom was huge to say the least, my bathtub could fit 2 people comfortably.

The best thing is, I didn't have to worry about money. I set a lot of money aside before me and Josh got married,so he had no say about that amount,unlike the rest.

Soon enough I moved my things over to my new apartment.

I settled in by having a glass of champagne and a bubble bath.

I sat down on my carpet and unpacked my clothes. I found a big T shirt that Taylor left at my house, when we had one of our many sleepovers.

I missed her smell, I held the shirt up to my nose and inhaled.

It faintly still smelled like her. Vanilla, flowers.
The smell that reminded me of home,she was my home and will always be.

It took me so long to admit it but I finally got to that point.

I decided to send her a text.

' Hey, I know it is really late in London but I miss you a lot, I messed up, I know that but we belong together'

The message didn't go through and my heart sank, I think she blocked my phone number.

I dressed and went through my emails and tried to spend my time productively and just wait to see what happens.

About 3 hours later,my phone went off with a message from Taylor.

' Karlie, I know what you mean but now is really not a good time at all, I can't, I'm sorry.'

Well this sucks I thought to myself.

I went to bed holding Taylor's shirt.

Taylor's POV

I was just enjoying the peacefulness of my jet when my phone went off.

It was Karlie, exactly what I needed right now,note the sarcasm in my voice.

She told me that she and Joshua are over,what am I supposed to do with that information, I'm in a relationship with Joe and I'm happy right now.

We landed back in The States and I got out with a heavy heart.

I got in the car and waited to get home.

When I got home,my mom came out to greet my and my heart sunk at the sight of her.

She looked tired and defeated but I know she is a fighter. Together, as a family we will stand with her through this.

" Hi mom, I missed you so much!"
" I missed you too sweetie,how was the flight?"
" It was good mom,just long. I couldn't wait to be back with the family."
"You're here now,thank you for being here babygirl"

She kissed me on my forehead and hugged me close to her and I just stood like that for awhile until the whole family joined in a group hug.

A/N : Sorry everyone, I hate describing cancer , my grandmother died of cancer a year ago and it is still a bit of a soft spot.

Thank you for reading my story.