"I'm not rich. I started working that part time because I was short on spending money, again. All the kids from my major are rich and have a different life style. At least I make most of my own outfits, but I'd need some for the materials too."

Here that jibber jabber starting again, as Jimin finally looked up with his eyes widening Taehyung looked down. His voice holding a slight tremor in it yet he tried to execute his thoughts into words thoroughly.

"I am a country pumpkin, I'm not rich, I don't really have friends and I do a lot of weird, crazy things. Sometimes I just get fed up with myself, like, if I could stop being myself I think I would."

Taehyung felt his jaw clench, his breathing rapid and haphazard but Jimin's voice again lulled into the warm glow of the afternoon. "I have a hard time talking to people, I have a lot in my mind but can hardly let it out. At times I'd have an outburst not being able to keep it in anymore. I'm poor and from the countryside too. Most of the time in my life I think I'd hated myself."

There was a short pause before Jimin spoke again. "But hey, you're still you. And I'm still me. And our crazy, weird sides makes us special, maybe. That's what my dad used to tell me."

Taehyung felt the tremor inside him halt, there was an insecurity in Jimin's voice. He could tell the shorter hardly believed he was special too, but hearing it from someone that Taehyung reckoned was a lot like him felt comforting.

"The outfits you make are amazing by the way, I really thought you were a seoulite."

"As if," Tehyung couldn't but let out a soft snicker. "Most of my shirts, jeans and jackets are from thrift stores. I cut them around, paint and sew down materials to make them look trendy. Though there are some I'd made from the scratch."

Jimin brought his hand together in excitement before his small eyes wandered around the room for a bit. "You have a sewing machine too. You know that brown leather jacket of yours-" his eyes then fell onto Taehyung. "The one you often wear, that one looks the most expensive."

"Does it?" Taehyung could feel himself smile faintly before he uttered. "That one is expensive. My grandparents saved for a year to buy me that as a gift for transferring to a high school in Seoul."

He remembered how it was his first time leaving the village to settle down in the big city, alone. He thought he ought to be terrified, but he wasn't really. He just knew he'd miss home.

When he wore that jacket the very first day at school none of the students realized he was from the countryside, not even the slight satoori tone in his accent gave that away.

Kids wanted to be his friend, they did not know he was a misfit, an outcast.

And Taehyung thought, hey, this wasn’t so bad. He was seventeen, going on eighteen and he oddly craved to be accepted unlike his preteen days.

Was that the start of it all? He felt his eyebrows furrow as he searched for an answer.

"Anyway," trying to push the thought away he picked up a notebook and held it towards Jimin. "I make my own, kinda designs."

When Jimin took it and started going through the pages filled with his drawings, Taehyung felt his heart thumping loudly inside his chests. Would Jimin call them weird like his friends?

"This is fascinating," Jimin had his fervent eyes raking down the pages with a bright smile on his face, Taehyung let out a breath of relief.

"I especially like this one," Jimin held out one. "It's kind of like a character on itself, an alien but somehow looks like you!"

Taehyung felt his muscles tense again as he looked at the creature he had drawn at the bottom of the page, when had he drawn tata there?

Tata, that was the aliens name. He made up this as a friend of his when he was kid. The alien had a big heart shaped head, a bit distorted in the side with blank eyes and protruding set of lips (which Taehyung liked to think was detachable from its face)

"Enough of your little fingers on my design book," Taehyung snatched it away from Jimin and the latter gave him a surprised look before frowning.

"You just did not call me little fingers," Jimin grumbled beneath his breath and Taehyung almost got flashbacks of his explosion from the other night.

Despite thinking of the horror Taehyung stuck his tongue out to him. "You called me an alien first!"

"What's wrong with alien? Why do you have to rub on my height every time?" Jimin crossed his arms over his chest and growled.

"When did I? And alien is worse!"

"No, how's it worse?"

"You wouldn’t know, lil finger," Taehyung mocked before turning away.

"Alien," Jimin taunted.

"Yeah, if I am an alien you admit that you're a lil finger too," when Taehyung said Jimin straight up stood from the bed and started walking away.

"Hey, wait," the blue haired boy laughed before he got up too and followed the shorter.

At least for that fleeting moment, Taehyung did not feel so alone after a very long time.

---
A/n: can you guess whose part of story will begin next?

Is the angst hitting you right? If it isn’t enough, don't worry more are coming.

I'm a sadist, baby.