19

"Vampires aren't real; stop being stupid, and give me my daughter!" I yell. There's a deep collective sigh, then Damon suddenly moves from next to me to across the room next to Jase. He then grabs Jase heads and looks him in the eyes.

"Don't fight. Don't scream." He basically screams. He then grabs Jases arm and bites his wrist. I start to yell at him, but then Jase blood starts to leak and I feel my face move. I grab my phone from the table next to me and look at my reflection. Black and purple veins are popping out from under my eyes, and I now have literal fangs. I look back at the guys, and see everyone staring at me with a somber look in each of their eyes, and I feel myself start to cry.

"I'm a monster. I'm a monster." I cry out. Damon walks over and hugs me and I sob into his chest.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Two weeks ago I found out that I was a vampire. That I was a bloodsucking freak. Then Damon made me drink blood because, "I would die for real this time if I didn't".

Now I stand in the middle of the woods, Damon starting my training on how to not want to kill every human I pass, while my baby girl is the with her dad, all because I can't control myself.

"Can we hurry this up? I want to get home to my daughter!" I announce to Damon. I'm not sure where he is, but I know he can hear me. Apparently vampires and werewolves have supersonic hearing.

Oh, and get this, all the stories of the monsters hiding in the dark we were told as kids, they're real: vampires, witches, werewolves, ghosts. There's even more that we were never told about: travelers, hunters. This world got a whole lot bigger once Damon and Ric, Mr. Saltzman apparently goes by Ric with all his supernatural buddies, told me. Also, half the kids in the school are some kind of creature.

"Not until you show me you can handle being around a human without wanting to tear their throat out." He says appearing out of nowhere, a bleeding girl next to him.

I look at the girl: her bleeding neck, her throbbing heart pumping more blood out of the bite wound every second. I feel my face start to shift, but I fight the urge as hard as I can.

A few minutes pass by, but I give in. I vamp speed forwards her, but Damon throws me to the ground, bites his wrist and gives the girl his blood, then compels her to forget everything and leave.

I groan and look at him. "This isn't working. Every time I'm around someone, I just want to eat them." I say, he gives me a look when I say 'eat them', but I ignore him.

"Andrea, you need to get yourself under control, or else your not gonna get to see Lillian." I feel the anger start to boil my bodies. How dare he try to take my daughter away from me.

With vampires, our emotions are heightened. That means when we feel something, it's magnified by ten. Hence why I'm so angry and want to kill Damon right now.

"Don't you dare!" I growl out and he smiles. "Go ahead! Get angry! You wanna year my head off? Go ahead! But you're not getting near her until you have yourself under control." I look at him with hatred, and vamp speed towards him. He tries to push me to the side, but I move around him and slap his head. I hear a crack and see that I broke his neck. I groan and vamp speed away from him.

As I'm moving through the woods, I run straight into a body. I fall to the ground and look up at whoever it was I hit.

"Well hello, love."