2

I pull into the town with a sigh. I really just did this. I just ran away from home. I take a deep breath as the eight of my acts starts to press on me.

Teachers always told the pregnant high schoolers that if they got pregnant, they needed to get rid of the baby. Wether that be adoption or abortion. I don't think abortion is right. And I'm not gonna give my baby up. The few teachers that were optimistic said that if you can live on your own, support yourself, pay your bills, and transport yourself, then you would be okay.

I've been paying my car and phone bills since I was in ninth grade. I've had a job since then too, because I worked at a library that my cousin owned and I was given nine dollars an hour, five hours a day, five days a week.

I stop at the main restaurant in this town. As I walk in, I see a big table of teenagers. They look at me confused, but I ignore them and walk to a booth. A cute boy my age walks up to me and smiles. "What can I get ya?" He asks. "Can I get a plate of fries and a coke?" He nods. "I'll be right out with that." I thank him and he walks off. I feel eyes on me but I ignore the burn coming from the loudest group in here.

My phone rings and my heart starts beating. I turn it over and see it's my mom. I answer it. Don't want them to call the police.

Hello?
Andrea Elizabeth Moor!
Hi, mom.
Where are you?!
I had to leave. I'm sorry, mom. I left.
Yeah. I can tell.
Please don't come look for me.
Get back here right now young lady!
Mom I can't.

I hear whispering, so I look over my shoulder and see it comes from the teenagers.

If you don't come home, I'm calling the police!
Mom. Please don't. I had to leave! You didn't even want me anyway!
It's your Senior year! What about school? And college?
I told you I didn't want to go to college.
Your going to college!
No! Mom. I'm not! I've been raising myself since I was 13. I meet all of the qualifications to get emancipated. If you try to do anything about it, I will lie. They'll believe me over you. We both know it.

I'm responded to by nothing but grumbles and complaints. I hang up the phone. Everything is messed up! Nothing is okay!

The waiter brings me my order and smile even with tears building in my eyes. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks. I nod and laugh as a tear falls. "Yeah. I'm okay!" I wince at how hoarse my voice has immediately gotten. You'd think with all the practice I'd be better at concealing everything. He looks over my shoulder, at the table of teens, then back at me. He sighs and sits down.