10

"No! Get her!" Raven guy tells Stefan. "Come on, Damon!" Stefan grunts as he starts to pull him up. "Stefan! Get the girl! She's human!" Damon says again. I feel my lungs fill and my stomach swim. I get suddenly light headed, and say goodnight to anyone who is listening.

Damon's POV

Stefan drags me up the stairs, and we both fall to the ground. "Stefan! The girl! She's human!" I tell him, but Elena runs over and freaks out. Great. She'll blame me for him getting hurt. It's not like it was my choice.

Jeremy runs up to us freaking out. "Stefan! Where is she?! Where's Andy?!" He blabbers on about. Stefan looks around then towards the office we just came from. He looks back at Elena, and I realize he's not gonna do anything.

I test my strength, and then speed into the burning building. I see that parts of it have now caved in, and I struggle to see through the very thick smoke. I hear fire alarms getting close. I then notice a trail of stained concrete and see an old sink still dripping. I look and see a wet t-shirt.

My eyes then travel to the young girl laying on the floor. I pick her up and carry her bridal style, mindful of her possible pregnant stomach. I'm not sure if what I heard was true or not.

I get outside just in time for the fire fighters and police to get there. I carry her to an ambulance and the EMTs put her on a gurney. I notice Elena obsessing over Stefan, so I know it's safe to tell them. "She's pregnant." Fear stiles their faces, but they still nod. They put an oxygen mask on her, and load her into the ambulance.

"You coming?" One of them asks. "I don't know her." They nod and close the door. I walk over to my people and they all look at me. Elena walks up to me and slaps me. "What is wrong with you?! You made Stefan go in to save you! Then you try to kill yourself all to save some dumb girl?! You deserve everything that has happened to you!" I resist going off because it would hurt Stefan too much. I may not enjoy my brother, but I love him.

I make my way to the hospital and check in. They give me her room so I head upstairs for it.

When I get there, Jeremy and Matt look at me confused. Why are they here? Do they know her? Then again I don't know her.

"What are you doing here?" Jeremy asks. "I needed to check on her. She was in the fire. They thought she was a vampire. I don't know how they made that mistake. And she's- she's- she's pregnant."

They look at me shocked and I gulp. I don't know who this girl is, but there's something in her that attracts me. Like I should do everything I can to help her. Who is she?