Chapter 4-The Unexpected

Start from the beginning

"Do you work here too? How come I didn't know of this? It will be so great. We are going to be roommates as well as work friends." She still didn't understand why she was here. She still didn't get that I was the Mr.Smith everyone talks about. Now you understand the big house and rich parents. She can be so innocent sometimes and I loved her innocence. She thinks I work here. Technically I do but I own the company.

When she said she had an interview in the Blitz. I called Chris and told him to give her the position. So I wasn't surprised when she revealed that she was offered a higher position.

And the week off because I wanted to throw her off the track so that she doesn't suspect. Also, a reason to want to know her. "You are too naive, Ava. I never told you my last name, did I?"

Confusion was written all over her face. I walk up to her and stand kn in front of her. "So are you here to see, Mr. Smith?"

"Ava Johnson, let me make you understand, Now imagine, if we never met..."

"I am still blank but go on."

"Hey Ava, Myself David Smith."
She takes a minute to process the whole thing and then she realizes.

"Fuck I am so naive. That's what Aria meant when she was saying he is handsome and everyone wants him and I was wondering isn't Richard Smith in his forties."
I laugh at this. Dad retired around three months ago. There wasn't an official announcement in the news but people in the business environment knew about this. He passed it over to me and now I am in charge of the company.

"That explains the special treatment. I can't take anymore favors David. You have already done enough." She says and there was a frown on her face. I didn't want her to work as the receptionist. I wanted her close to me. Not only that I knew she is capable of doing this.

"Hey, I just helped you out. You deserve this job. I know you won't disappoint me." Plus I would love to have you by my side.

She was thinking about whether to accept it or not. I smiled at her with pleading eyes and I knew she wouldn't deny it.

"Ok fine but I have a condition if you want me working for you."

"Do you have a thing for conditions? Anyways say, what conditions do you have now?" Every time. When I asked her to stay with me. The conditions. When I asked her to watch a movie. The condition and now I am offering a job. Again, a condition.

"You will treat me like any other employee. I shall not receive any special treatment only because I know you."

"As you wish." That was fair. I agreed to it so she wouldn't deny it.

"So Sir, what I have to do today?"

"Hey, Don't call me sir. You can call me David." I accepted the fact that she will not receive any special treatment but I won't agree to her calling me by Sir. It's not about her. I prefer everyone working to call me by my name still some people call me by Sir, Mr.Smith.

"I should be professional."

"Ok then, as your Boss I order you to call me by my name."