chapter 17: enemies for life

Depuis le début

"Excuse me, sir!" Byulyi gasped, completely bewildered by her current situation. She turned her head, trying to look at Seokjin in the eye. "Do you think that's possible? Me? A 1.63m girl? To a 1.75? 1.8m guy? And I'm not even here for him - did you forget, I'm literally Lee Jieun's best friend! Can't I just come and support my friend for her first official day at work?!"

Seokjin raised his eyebrows, considering Byulyi's words carefully, but he didn't let go. "How can I possibly believe you?"

"You better let go before I call the cops on you-" Byulyi shouted. "There are so many eyewitnesses around - I'll have no problem getting you arrested for harassment."

Seokjin let go at once, eyeing Byulyi suspiciously. "I still don't believe you, I'm afraid you'll have to stay by my side until I find JK."

"Didn't you say he was missing?" Byulyi massaged her arms, glaring at Seokjin. "Shouldn't your first instinct be to look for him - not arm-locking random girls and accusing them of abducting him? What is wrong with people like you these days?"

Seokjin bit his lower lip nervously. The stress was getting to him, and there was only half an hour left to the rehearsal for the comeback showcase-

"Hyung! What are you doing here?"

Seokjin turned around at the sound of a familiar voice, a look of relief spreading across his face as he spotted Jungkook walking towards him together with Jieun. "Jeon Jungkook! Where on earth have you been for the past few hours?"

"Unnie!" Jieun gasped as she spotted Byulyi staring daggers at Seokjin. "What are you doing here?"

"Jieun-ah!" Byulyi pouted as she ran towards Jieun and linked her arms around hers, still glaring at Seokjin. "Jieun-ah... that guy..."

"Do you want to shorten my life?!" Seokjin took Jungkook by his shoulders, shaking him back and forth. "Where did you go after you alighted from my car and why didn't you answer my calls and where on earth did you get that makeup on your face-"

Jungkook pointed at Jieun. "She did it for me."

Seokjin gasped as he turned to Jieun. "Jieun-ah! This- This- This is his comeback showcase, I know you're finally in the team now, but we literally planned the makeup and everything months ago, you can't just-"

"I told her to do it," Jungkook said nonchalantly. "You guys weren't in the waiting room on the second floor after all and only Lee Jieun was there so-"

"Second?! Jeon Jungkook-" Seokjin let out an exasperated sigh. "The rest of us have been waiting for you on the third floor since one whole hour ago! I told you that it was the third floor, how could you just-"

Jungkook pointed at Jieun once more. "She also went to the second floor-"

Jieun's jaw dropped. "I bumped into you and assumed that it was the right floor, so I didn't even bother confirming the location-"

"You both are loggerheads but when it comes down to being blur blocks, you're literally the same person, I swear! Urgh-" Seokjin facepalmed. "What about your phone? Wasn't it with you? Why didn't you pick up my calls? I literally called you 19 times-"

Jungkook scratched the back of his neck. I guess the connection must be bad or something-"

"Argh! Forget it-" Seokjin hurried Jungkook towards the lift. "Let's get you to fix your hair and makeup and change into your outfit-"

"Ya! Kim Seokjin!"

Seokjin stopped in his tracks, turning around and spotting Jieun struggling to hold her best friend back.