Christmas Special

A few weeks passed since the Uchiha Massacre happened and it was Christmas time. Konoha is in the Christmas spirit, putting up decorations all over the village. Even the academy is getting ready for a Christmas party for the students. Some of the older students are helping the faculty set up for the party after school. Everyone in the village was excited for the holidays except for a lone Uchiha. Sasuke Uchiha was walking to the academy watching the snow fall, trying to ignore the village's festivities. "What are these people so happy about? There is nothing to celebrate." Sasuke thought bitterly. Sasuke was angry when he saw the villagers celebrating. "It's only been a few weeks and these people have the nerve to smile?!" All of Sasuke's thoughts have been negative, even though his friends have been trying to uplift his spirit. Sasuke's thoughts drifted to his friends and a very small smirk was on his face. Sasuke didn't think he would be able to deal with the massacre without his friends' help and encouragement. Sasuke continued his walk to school.

As soon as he walked through the school gates, Sasuke was tackled to the ground by his hyperactive, blond best friend. "Sasuke-teme!!" Naruto greeted. "Get off of me dobe." Sasuke said while rolling his eyes. Naruto laughed and rolled off his friend. "Sasuke-kun!" Sakura and Hinata ran up to Sasuke and hugged him. Sasuke hugged both girls back as greeting. "Are you excited for tonight Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked energetically. "What's tonight?" Sasuke asked confused. "The Christmas party!" Hinata said excitedly. "Oh yea" Sasuke thought. "You daydreaming in class teme?" Naruto asked. "Tch. No." Sasuke denied. Sakura and Hinata giggled and ushered the boys inside. Classes went by as usual and it was soon lunch time. When the four friends sat at their table, the girls were more excited than ever. They were talking about which dress they were going to wear and Naruto was talking about the food and was telling Sasuke that he hoped they would serve ramen. Sasuke was halfway listening to his friends, knowing he wouldn't be going. "Sasuke-kun! Sasuke-kun!" Sasuke looked to see Sakura waving her hands in front of his face. "What?" Saskue asked. "You ok?" Sakura asked worried. "Yea. Sorry just thinking. What were you saying?" "I was saying 'What are you wearing to the party?'" Sakura asked. "Oh. I'm not going." Sasuke answered. "WHAT?!" His three friends screamed at him. "You have to go teme!" "Yea Sasuke-kun. It won't be the same without all of us there." Hinata added. "No" Sasuke said. Sasuke was determined and knew he was not changing his mind. "Please Sasu-kun??" Sakura begged. Sakura had her bottom lip out, pouting and her eyes were big like a puppy's. Sasuke stared wide-eyed at the girl beside him, not knowing what to do. He felt warmth on his face and had to turn his head so Sakura couldn't see the blush on his face. "Q-quit l-looking at m-me l-like t-that! F-fine! I-I'll go!" Sasuke said reluctantly. "Yay!" Sakura cheered. Naruto and Hinata, who watched the whole thing, snickered at the blushing Uchiha. "B-be quiet you two!" Sasuke said embarrassed. As he said that, teachers were calling the kids back inside. Soon the day was over and the kids went home to get ready.

It was 5 o'clock when Sasuke stepped out of his apartment. He was dressed in a white shirt with the Uchiha crest on the back and black pants and shoes. Sasuke wasn't into the party and festivities, so he didn't feel the need to dress up too fancy. Sasuke admired the falling snow as he walked to the academy for the second time that day. His thoughts drifted to how he got talked into going to the party. Sasuke blushed as he thought of Sakura's pouting face and her use of a cute nickname. "She really has too much influence on me" Sasuke thought. The rest of his walk was filled with thoughts of a certain pink-haired girl.

The academy had red and white decorations all over the building and yard. There were snowflakes on tree branches and, combined with the real snow, the school looked like a frozen wonderland. Sasuke walked into the academy and saw his classmates and their parents and started to regret coming to the party. "Hey Sasuke-kun!" Hinata ran up to hug and greet him. "Hey Hinata" Sasuke greeted. Hinata had on a white dress with a red ribbon around the waist. She had white dress shoes and instead of her Uchiha headband, she had a red headband with mistletoe on it. "You look pretty Hinata." Sasuke complimented. Hinata blushed slightly,  thanked him and complimented him back. The two chatted while they waited for Naruto and Sakura. It was awkward at first because the two had never been alone together, but they got over the awkwardness after a while. They were so engrossed in their chat that they didn't hear Naruto run in the building, until he jumped on Sasuke's back. "Omph!" Sasuke grunted. "Yo teme!!" Naruto said grinning. Naruto was dressed in a white t-shirt and black pants with his trademark goggles on his head. "Get off dobe!!" Sasuke said annoyed. Sasuke, however, was ignored as Naruto was staring at the lavender cutie in front of him. Hinata blushed heavily under his stare and looked like she was ready to faint. Naruto's face burned as he turned his head to hide his blush. "Y-you look really cute Hinata-chan." Naruto stuttered. "T-thank y-you N-naruto-kun." Hinata said embarrassed. Sasuke snickered at his friends'  embarrassment and turned to the door to watch for their pink-haired friend. When Sakura walked through the door with her parents, Sasuke couldn't turn away from her. Sakura was dressed in a red dress with the white Haruno symbol on the back. She had a white ribbon around her waist and instead of her Uchiha headband, she had a white bow tied on her head and white shoes. "Hey Sasuke-kun!" Sakura ran  and jumped into Sasuke's arms. Sasuke caught her and gave her a quick hug. "H-hey Sakura." Sasuke greeted. "You look handsome Sasuke-kun." Sakura complimented. "T-thanks. You look very cute Sakura." Sakura blushed brightly and giggled.Sasuke brought Sakura over to their friends and the girls squealed and complimented each other.

The party went on for a few hours. At 8 o'clock, the party was over and families were going home. Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and Hinata went to their secret place to exchange gifts. Sakura got a dragon plushie from Sasuke, a kitten plushie from Hinata, and a wolf plushie from Naruto. Hinata got a fox plushie from Naruto, a bunny plushie from Sakura, and a lion plushie from Sasuke. Naruto got ramen coupons from all of his friends since they know he loves ramen. Sasuke's present was from all of his friends. They took Sasuke to the animal shelter and picked up his present. Sasuke's present was a black kitten with blue eyes and a red bow around it's neck. Sakura, Hinata, and Naruto said that the kitten would keep Sasuke company when they weren't around. Sasuke wanted to cry, but he kept his tears in and hugged his friends for a long time. He thanked them and they wished each other a very Merry Christmas.