17.) ...That's it. Just Seventeen

C H A P T E R  S E V E N T E E N

PERCY

"So, uh.. maybe we don't have that much work to do." Calypso stated as she searched my cabin.

"What exactly are you looking for?" I raised an eyebrow as she threw my hoodies onto the floor.

"Your blades and razors and other various objects that you cut with."

"Oh...those are gone."

Everyone in the cabin stopped simultaneously and blinked at me.

"Gone?!" They shouted. I covered my sensitive ears at the loudness of their voices.

"Y-yeah. I gave them to Annabeth to get rid of."

"Annabeth? The daughter of Athena?" I nodded at Hazel's question. "You told her?"

I shrugged. "She saw me tracing my cuts in the woods. I dragged her here and told her to hide them somewhere I won't find them."

"And that's all of them? There's no more?"

My mind went back to the knife hidden in my jacket. I can't get rid of that one, even if Gabe gave it to me, it holds a lot of memories. I can't just throw it out.

"Nope. No more." Nico and Will looked at me but decided not to say anything.

"If you're sure then I guess that's all we can do. Make sure to talk to us, Percy. We're here to help and make sure you get better. If there's anything on your mind just be sure to tell us and we'll help." I nodded my head, feeling bad that they would have to listen to my worthlessness.

"Don't you dare feel bad!" Leo argues. "We want to hear this and help you, alright."

I nodded again. It's weird to see Leo serious. I know he hates being serious...and right now he is...because of me. I sighed.

"Sorry," I mumbled out. They all shared a look and gave me a hug. I noticed Hazel was a bit reluctant but she ended up doing it anyway.

They talked to Nico and Will before they left the three of us alone in the Poseidon cabin.

"Take it out," Will said once the door was shut.

I sighed, knowing this would happen and took the knife out of my jacket. I held it out in my hand.

"Here. Take it." Nico and Will shared a look. I looked between the two of them until Nico reaches out his hand and took the knife from my hand. "Will you..." I paused, knowing this was a stupid question. "If I ever need it, would it give it back?"

Nico gave me a dry look before shaking his head. "Kinda figured." I looked over to Will. "Can have a marker?"

Will nodded and grabbed his marker from his pocket and handed it to me.

"So what made you want to clean up all the self-harm?"

"I thought of you guys. I started thinking more about how you guys feel and how you may be sick of trying to help me. I thought of how you guys were tired of seeing me hurting myself."