forty.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [멍]↳ ꒰ 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ []
↳ ꒰ 𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚 ꒱

"do you think it's pretty?"

he wasn't expecting to hear someone voice in the parking garage. not between the loud impact of his flesh against the concrete wall. there was a little blood there, like a sticker of his presence.

"i did this." taehyung said. he breathed heavily, turning so his back was now against the wall rather than his knuckles, and he slid down to sit. there was a weird stain on the ground, but he didn't really care at this point.

jimin still had his hands in the pocket of his hoodie. "you didn't do anything."

"i gave him hope." the ball of guilt had grown into a boulder. it sat at the base of his stomach and made him want to remove his insides. this was all his fault.

"what else were you suppose to do." jimin sat down beside his friend on the floor of the garage building. "at least you didn't leave him."

they sat there in silence, two boys thinking about the same one. "neither of us deserve him." taehyung said. he looked at the new cuts in his fists, beads of blood dotting the curves like little red sheep finding home in a valley. he did not think it was pretty.

jimin sighed, "that's not true. you know it." he said, "you're just being moody."

taehyung glared at his friend, but the shorter male just looked back in boredom, blinking.

blinking. taehyung frowned. watching the small ravenette blink so much, seeing the light die so quick from his eyes with each blink. taehyung felt his fists clench again.

"we should go back inside, in case he wakes up." jimin said. it wasn't a suggestion, coming from him that was an order essentially.

taehyung just nodded and pushed himself off the ground as well. "we can get those cleaned up inside." his friend said about his knuckles. the sheep had smeared, running away from their places in red streaks.

those red streaks grew against the white surface of the sink, a watery death that rinsed away the traces of life in the valleys of his knuckles. the only thing left behind were more splits in the tan surface and surely more bruises to form in the next day. taehyung wiped his hands with a cheap paper towel and left the bathroom.

4D. the room that jungkook was in, sleeping quietly with his eyes closed. the others had gone down to eat in the cafeteria, taehyung said he was fine.

but he was so not fine. he leaned against the door and watched the boy lay there, black hair against a white pillow. the same position he was in when taehyung left.

it dawned on him how little he knew about the boy, truly. things like favorite colors and snack preferences were cute and convenient, but taehyung watched him sleep and felt the guilt monster grow inside. he couldn't remember when he asked jungkook how he was really doing, like genuinely doing. not just that day, or that moment, or looking past the pretty smile that had taehyung blinded from the beginning.