nineteen.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [과일]↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩 ꒱⠀

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [과일]
↳ ꒰ 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩 ꒱

there was a slight breeze that tuesday morning. it must have been coming from the open window in his bedroom, something jungkook had a bad habit of forgetting to close before he goes to bed for the night.

he was about to close it, a leg hanging off the side and representing the slight attempt to leave the warmth of his covers. what stopped jungkook was the sound of footsteps getting closer. the floorboards in the hallways were old, creaking under pressure and revealing who was on their way over. it was easy to tell who was coming based on their steps.

that just made jungkook pull his leg up and under the sheets so quick, closing his eyes and hoping his roommate would leave him alone.

namjoon opened the door to the room, a audible sigh escaping his lips as he saw the open window and the sleeping boy. no wonder he seemed to have several more blankets than necessary huddled around his small frame. "jungkook," the older male said, "you need to wake up soon. ms. jung will be here in a hour."

that only made jungkook want to sleep some more, to avoid the lessons and the dumb repetition of pointless notebook work that seemed to lead no where— wait. jungkook remembered something. he remembered those words, everything he's overheard from namjoon and his teacher and his therapist, and now taehyung. they all talked about him like he wasn't there, like an outcast once again.

jungkook had decided maybe it was time to suck it up, to give up on thinking things would change. it was doing no good. this is how things were gonna be, and he needed to grow up and face that reality.

"okay." the small boy said, pushing the covers off and sitting up on the edge of the mattress. he rubbed at his eyes, and if he could see the shocked look on his hyungs face he may have giggled.

"okay?" namjoon resorted, eyes blinking. "wait, you're listening to me?"

jungkook just nodded and felt on the sheets for the hoodie he left there. he tugged the article of clothing over his head and further messed with the mop of black locks on his head. "did you make breakfast?" the boy asked.

"um, i can." namjoon was still a little confused at the boys off behavior. mornings like this typically consisted of more stubbornness and slight brattyness sprinkled in there. "what are you in the mood for?"

"fruit." jungkook said thoughtfully, following his roommate back out to the kitchen. the older went the fridge while the younger took a seat on one of the stool at the breakfast bar. "we need more than just fruit, bun." namjoon said to the boy. "make those sausages you like."

jungkook smiled at the idea and nodded, hopping off the stool and going towards the freezer. namjoon stepped out of the way and grabbed a pan for the ravenette, setting it on the oven and turning on the heat for him. "it's ready for you." he said, and jungkook just nodded again.