sixteen.

⠀⠀⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [어둠]↳ ꒰ 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 ꒱⠀⠀he didn't expect to hear her voice that early the next day

⥽♡ ˘͈ᵕ˘͈ [어둠]
↳ ꒰ 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 ꒱

he didn't expect to hear her voice that early the next day. eventually taehyung had made his way home and ignored the woman sleeping his couch so he could rest in his room as well. he even ignored her again that morning when he woke up and brought his laptop out to the small table in the kitchen.

"you're awake?" yoona spoke quietly since her youngest son was still asleep.

taehyung just hummed and dimmed the light of his laptop screen. the coffee cup beside him had gone cold from being untouched, he didn't mind as he took another sip.

"it's still early." his mother said. she went to the counter and poured herself a cup of coffee as well. it was an attempt at casual conversation, but yoona made no additional steps to get closer to the boy. she knew better.

taehyung simply hummed again and kept his eyes on the screen, dark eyebrows set low as he read through multiple articles and documents on various technical procedures and experiments that he didn't really understand. maybe this is why no one seeks help, why people end up spending so much money and time on efforts that were useless because they truly had no idea what they were doing. taehyung had every intention to help, but he really had no clue how.

"i have an aa meeting at noon." yoona said. she took it upon herself to break the silence of the morning. it was obvious her son was only half listening, but that's half more than usual. "there's a friends and family one in a few weeks too." she added.

taehyung rose an eyebrow at that. what was meant to be a subtle hint to his presence at that particular meeting had turned into the complete opposite. "i thought you were only staying for a few days." he said. his mother said nothing about a few weeks, she barely stayed around that long even before she left. it was a few days here and few days there before she'd flake and show up again at some ungodly hours of morning.

"i need a few days to get back on my feet." yoonha said, now turning to rinse her mug in the sink, "after a few job interviews i'll start saving for a nice apartment for the three of us."

"right." taehyung said. he continued scrolling through the lists of surgeons until all the words melted together into a scramble of nothing to be understood. the thud behind his eyes grew and he closed the laptop screen.

yoonha had caught a glimpse of the computer. it wasn't difficult to recognize the large logo of seoul's most known hospital. "are you okay tree frog?" she asked.

the boy tried not to grimace at the nickname once again. "just researching." he said. the words were muffled due to his palms still being pressed against his face.

"do you need to go to the doctors?" yoonha asked, the attempt to sound motherly and caring was very clear. taehyung didn't like the sound of it at all. "if you need help affording it i can talk to daesung-"