tanaka ryūnosuke, Simp Extraordinaire

Start from the beginning

"everything that happened? what do you mean?"

he looked a bit nervous.

"well..."

"nah, i'm messing with you, of course he told me. congrats, by the way!"

"ah... thanks. but, the thing is..."

"trouble in paradise?"

he rolled his eyes.

"i'm sure you've noticed it. he's avoiding me. i just want to know if he told you anything. he won't talk about what happened, and he's avoiding eye contact. i'm just... really nervous, you know? he's always been the oblivious straight guy, and he says he likes me out of the blue? i've just liked him for so long, and i don't want to get my hopes up now just to be let down later. what if he changed his mind, or... or if this is all some elaborate joke? ha ha, look at ennoshita with a crush on tanaka, how pathetic, right? god, i hate feelings."

"i get where you're coming from, but you know he would never joke about something this serious! and you know he's really been going through it, he even yelled at me because of all this! and that's no joke, that's on period, pooh."

he sighed.

"i guess, but i'm still worried. i can't help it..."

i nodded.

"i get where you're coming from. but you have to understand, this is all really new and confusing for him. i mean, you've had plenty of time to figure out and come to terms with your sexuality and feelings for him, but he's still really new to this, and is pretty overwhelmed. i know he's confident in his feelings for you, but this is his first gay relationship or even experience! i'm sure there's nothing to worry about."

"yeah, i guess you're right. maybe i should try talking to him about it again."

"that sounds like a great idea."

he nodded.

"alright... things are kind of slow now, maybe i can get daichi's permission to leave early."

i glanced over at where daichi and suga were huddled together with their backs to us.

"um... i think they might be having a private moment over there, so how about asking coach instead?"

he glanced over at them, then back at me.

"alright, see you later then. wish me luck."

i held up my crossed fingers and grinned.

"i will. good luck."

he walked away to coach ukai and take-chan, talked to them for a second, then went over and tapped ryū on the shoulder.

after a short exchange, they left the gym, and i sighed, feeling a bit emotionally drained, and even physically drained too.

it was as if all the recent events of the past week or so were finally all crashing down on me, and the full weight of everything was heavier than i originally thought. and now i was exhausted and sad.

i walked over to kinoshita and narita.

"you guys, please talk me out of doing something stupid."

"for the love of god, please don't say you got your nipples pierced," narita begged.

"what?! oh, that. nah, i won't... probably. but that's not it! different stupid thing this time."

"what are we stopping you from doing, then?" asked kinoshita.