the game

Valerie woke up the next morning in her daily outfit her eyes landed on an envelope causing her to push herself out of bed and walk over to it

It was an invitation to a prom, causing the girl to furrow her eyebrows in slight confusion she looked up to the camera asking,
"is this for me?"

a sound chimed causing her to force out a smile in response turning background swallowing nervously as her fingers opened the envelope. it was the same prom theme that they had last year resulting in her head to spin with unanswered questions, the door opened slowly the creaking causing her to look over her shoulder she looked at the camera and it dinged again causing her to walk over in response and out of the door only to see Aria, Spencer, Hanna, Mona and Emily ahead of her in a group in orange jump suits.
"Aria?" Valerie spoke up causing the brunette to turn around.
"Val." Aria sighed in relief running over to her sister as the two captured each other in a tight hug.
"I am so glad you are okay, we've all been searching for you like crazy."

"wait you guys knew I was alive?" Valerie asked filled with relief in her voice.
"of course we did, why wouldn't we have?" Emily spoke up confused
"A put the idea in your head didn't he?" Spencer asked
"he?" Valerie asked as they all looked at the girl confused.
"Yeah, the blocks in the playroom spelled out a name. Charles." Spencer announced as they all headed into a room.

"please find your stations." the woman on the intercom spoke

Valerie followed her sister to the music station and picked up the card.
"Valerie and Aria Montgomery, music committee." she read as she exchanged looks with her sister.
"Emily Fields and Spencer Hastings, decorating committee." Emily read.

"Hanna Marin, food and beverage." Hanna read. before looking at the camera and retorting, "bite me."

Resulting in Valerie to smile slightly at the comment but she hid it.

"Alison DiLaurentis, prom queen election committee." Mona read.
"all these songs are like from seven years ago." Aria commented as the two sisters read over the list of music.

"a night at the opera." Spencer explained causing Valerie to look up at the girl "that was the prom theme the last year that Melissa took Ian."
"so 'A's' recreating a prom we already had?" Valerie confirmed.

"Well, if I'm on the election committee, you can be sure I'll win that crown. Sort of like old times, huh, Spencer? Remember when I rigged the election for you to win class president? Want to fill some of these out? I'll help you if you help me." Mona offered as they exchanged a knowing look.
"sure." Spencer agreed walking over.
"If "A" doesn't mind, maybe we can all help each other, starting with these ballots." Mona said causing them to all walk over and Mona to open a pen and write on a ballot, did you guys get a gas mask from A?"

We all exchanged looks when Hanna grabbed a pen and scribbled down, I'm scared.
~~
As we worked on the prom organization, Spencer poked herself by accident with her finger grabbing Valerie's attention from nearby as the girl let out a small hiss of pain.
"Are you okay?" Emily asked concerned causing Spencer to hop off the metal table she was sitting on, hitting her feet on the ground as she turned to face all of us.
"So this is going to be out senior prom?" Spencer asked irritated "We are decorating with construction paper and tape?"

"Maybe that's part of our punishment, to put together the lamest prom ever." Emily commented
"you know, this place is actually pretty awesome I'm surprised "A" doesn't have the imagination to see it." Spencer remarked walking around the room.
"It's a big ugly room." Hanna reminded the brunette causing Spencer to let out a short sigh.
"Okay but what if... What if we use the staircase to make a grand entrance for Ali to walk down? We think Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard. All right, we could rig a bunch of cameras to go off on a timer as you walk down those steps. It'd be so easy to take all these copper pipes and use them for drapery rods." Spencer offered

"And we could use old pipes and make beautiful candelabras. And we could hang wire from the ceiling and hang shapes to create some beautiful shadows and silhouettes." Mona added causing Spencer to snap her fingers in agreement turning back to us, "That would be a night at the opera."

||

a/n. sorry this is short, i'm running out of inspiration for this book. It might be a while for the next chapter I post, I hope you guys will understand. Also, if I do end up posting again i'll probably be skipping around a lot so I can add Jason back into the storyline. Love you all and thank for your patience.