Chapter 30

For once in a really long time I feel well rested even if Quentin woke me up every few hours because he was concerned about my concussion. The only thing that kept me from strangling him was the way he would wake me up each time. Brushing my hair out of my face while placing a gentle kiss to my forehead, and the way his silver eyes scanned my face for any indication of pain or discomfort.

Rolling over towards the window I squint my eyes at the bright sunlight pouring in through the window. Last time he woke me up he told me Aidan called to say he contacted the guy in the mountains, and that he agreed to look into it. It was the biggest reason why the last few hours of sleep were so refreshing.

The house is quiet which isn't surprising considering Quentin told everyone to get out so I could rest, but I'm hoping they come back soon because I've wasted enough time as it is. We need to call all the other Alphas and Lunas to let them know about the note because if we start keeping shit from them they won't know who or what to believe if it comes to light.

I stand up and head out of our bedroom making my way down the stairs and to the kitchen. The smell of coffee is overwhelming so someone must have just made it. Peaking out of the window near the table I spot Quentin sitting on our bench on the back porch holding a mug in his hand.

"Good morning." His smile is infectious until his eyes land on my face and then it falls. I forgot that the bruises would still be there from last night or technically the night before that. He recovers quickly setting down his coffee and opening his arms for me.

"How are you feeling?" He pulls me onto his lap so my feet are spread out on the seat next to us.

"Better." I rest my hand on his cheek pulling his face closer and connecting our lips for a simple but meaningful kiss. "Thank you." I lean my forehead against his just appreciating this calm quiet moment between us. Moments like this with him are my favorite.

"For what?" He tilts his head quizzically as always.

"For being you." It would take me years to list out everything that I could thank him for. I've matured into the person I am today with his help. We constantly bring out the best in each other by balancing what's important to each of us. Not to mention the countless time we've been a rock for one another during hard times.

I rest my head on his shoulder watching the sun rise up over the trees enjoying the cool morning breeze. Thinking back to last night I remember I never got the chance to ask Jasper how he found me.

"Where's Jasper?" Normally he would have slept in our spare bedroom, but I can see Quentin making him stay in the pack house so he wouldn't wake me up.

"He had to go home for the day, but he'll be back either later tonight or tomorrow. I frown at this, hoping whatever the reason was isn't too serious. Quentin reaches up rubbing the crease between my eyebrows. "He didn't look worried if that makes you feel better." It does help my nerves enough to drop the subject.

"Um did he mention to you how he found me?" I bite the inside of my lip looking down at my hands. We can't ignore what happened last night, but I'm concerned Quentin is still too worked up about it. I don't want to hit a nerve again, but my curiosity is killing me.

"Yeah, he told me that you need to work on your indoor voice." Hearing his laugh was the last thing I expected out of him. Glancing up at him I feel my own smile take over my face at his goofy grin. "He isn't wrong." He defends, and I lightly punch him in the shoulder.

"Maybe he shouldn't eavesdrop." I point out trying to help my cause. I should have been more careful in making sure no one was outside while Victoria and I were talking. This isn't the first time someone has told my voice travels, to put it nicely.