Chapter 24

"What?!" A woman in the crowd is the first Luna to speak up sounding horrified by the revelation.

"That's not possible!" An Alpha in the back shouts standing to his feet. Uneasy with the verity of high emotions swirling around the room I turn my body so I can face the crowd and council. Shock, uncertainty, and petrified are all the different expressions I can identify in the crowd.

"Silence!" The old head council member loses his cool shouting at all those interrupting each other by yelling and screaming over one another. His face is bright red with anger etching itself onto his face, and the way the vein in his forehead pops out staining against his skin has me worried for his health. "We will be taking a short break to go over all the evidence you have provided, and I hope the rest of you use the time to do the same." None of the members spare a second glance in our direction before they all scurry out of the room leaving us all dumbfounded.

"Let's go before it gets too hectic." Della leans over whispering to us. We gather up all our papers into our binder and follow her and Aidan as they climb back up the stairs and out the door. Quentin keeps a hand on my back shielding me from some of the Lunas and Alphas who are still hurtling questions in our directions. Pushing onto my top toes I steal a glance over Quentin's shoulder to make sure my dads are following along with us. Thankfully they are right behind us, but look infuriated meeting every person that glares at us with an equally vicious look.

"They are going to be talking to the witness right now." Aidan says while we climb up the four flights of stairs to our suite. I have a sick feeling that we aren't going to be able to hear from the rogue ourselves. The council knows other packs will be demanding answers the second the meeting resumes, and right now I have no doubt that they are coming up with excuses instead of answers.

"Nora and Elijah will be up shortly." Fletcher informs us all as Della unlocks our door urgently ushering us all in and slamming it shut behind us. We all pause at a constant ringing sound coming from somewhere in the room. The ringing stops for a second and then starts back up again making me realize it's my phone going off in me and Quentin's bedroom.

"Shit!" I take off for the bedroom with Quentin right behind me. Everyone who would possibly call me knows where I am and would only call if there was an emergency. Cursing myself for not bringing it down with me to the meeting, I rummage through my bag until my fingers grasp ahold of it.

"Hello?" I didn't even look who is calling hoping this is something stupid, but preparing myself for the worst.

"Tessa, Jasper called." Carl sounds tense and I can already tell this isn't going to be good. "He found something." I pull at my hair silently cursing him for being so vague.

"What is it?" I nearly shout my stress level about to reach its breaking point. Quentin moves closer to me taking the phone out of my hand and putting it on speaker. I look up seeing everyone looking at me expectantly and feel bad for not doing that in the first place but to be fair I have a lot on my mind right now.

"I don't know how he did it, but he's got emails between some of the council members talking about the attacks." It's great news but I don't see why it was urgent enough to call me over and over until I picked up. Jasper and I are going to be having a long talk because however he got the emails was no doubt putting him and his packs safety on the line, which I specifically told him not to do. "Before they happened." It takes me a second to register what he is saying and when I do I gasp covering my mouth.

"That son of a bitch." Quentin spits angrily as I lean my back against the wall. Of course I knew Ivan had to have something to do with the attacks, but the fact others were involved rattles me to my core. Feeling a bit lightheaded I sit down on the couch at the same time Ryder lets out a viscous snarl.