Chapter Nine

The Assistant Manager

Sheldon patrolled the hard surface flooring, hearing the clink of his loafers squeak not caring if his neighbors below could hear him shifting around at 11:45 pm. Inside he almost dared them to come up and knock on his door and ask him to stop pacing. He longed for a broil to tonight and he didn't care if he worked here or not he was ready to give the prick and his perfect wife, even the bratty little snotty nose three year old toddler the business.

He may have even sauntered a little heftier than normal on purpose with lengthier strides attempting to start a much wanted brawl, however to his disappointment no one knocked called or came by.

Patiently he continued to wait in anticipation for his fiance Shelby to walk through the ingress and greet him as she did every night.

Each time he overheard a slight commotion outside the front door, he turned and beheld the 1492 Crystal flute of Whiskey Reserve sitting on the granite coffee table.

His huge thick palm reach for the delicate glass feeling as he felt every time he reached out to touch Shelby's slender frame. His hands felt shaky until he grasped

the solid slight form in his hand firmly, filling assured as he did every time he laid his left hand on her soft firm skin. He brought the glass to his copious flushed lips as if it were her soft silky olive thin shaved cunt opening his mouth imagined tasting her nectar as he slowly swallowed the smooth brown stimulating searing molten searing alcohol.

He curved his right hand around the uniquely curved carafe of 1492 Crystal Whiskey Reserve squeezing it firmly as he tipped the goblet with the thin stem, taking another huge swallow. Standing erect like the once soldier he was he promptly walked to the walked to the peep hole, he feel his half erected penis had harden against his leg as he glaring out wanting and desiring to see Shelby's sandy brown blondish colored hair fumbling for her keys as she always did.

Instead he saw small imagines of his neighbors across the hall, who were frequent party animals. He slams his fist into the door startling the two girls who instantly glared in the direction of the awkward noise and quickly entered their unit closing and locking the door behind them.

This somehow triggered Instant flash backs of 66 battalion Army Intelligence Group flooded his cranium sending him staggering into the kitchen. He hovered over the counter knocking over season containers until he laid eyes on his medicine, he open the pill bottle and tossed it up without counting the pills he swallowed, but just chucking down a few with a random glass of unfiltered sink water.

Shelby was three 1/2 hours and sixteen minutes late for dinner. She normally came straight home from work however ever since the dinner with her parents on Friday night at

The Geisha House two weeks ago she barely mentioned the wedding plans and had been a few minutes late each night for dinner. She proudly wore the wedding ring and seemed to be in her normal bliss. 

Sheldon cooked every night and by the time she got home he'd already had the table set for the two of them with her favorite red wine poured. A few minutes was not unscrupulous, but three hours had him vexed.

He ran his immensely clean palms down the crease of his khaki ankle length cuff paints as he staggered into the bedroom frantically to find his phone to call her for the at his reflection in the mirror. His bleach brownish dirty blond hair appeared profusely Harvard traditional, a close cut to the scalp like a polo wearing frat boy, neatly trimmed to his head and around the edges of his ears tapered just right, as if he was in school and definitely not in the Armed Forces anymore.

Shelby was the daughter of an ex-army major and she rarely late for anything. She was supposed to have had a simple luncheon with her mother light shopping and home in time for dinner, which he'd already prepared as usual. Tonight, was her favorite, Seared beef tenderloin with sauteed asparagus lightly cooked so that they still had a crunchy flavor to them and lightly seasoned with an Iranian seas salt one of his buddies implored over sea's had shipped him.

Shelby was thin and constantly worked out therefore she only ate proteins.

He thought of her lustrous slim body and handful of succulent breasts, perfectly pink perky suck-able nipples as he raised the flute of 1492 to his thin full lips again longing for her soft vulva touching his mouth instead of the blank cold indented crystal cut-glass.

Hours later his alarm blared loudly as he jerked his body stiffly awake sitting up fully upright as if he was on morning roll call at 5:00 am in the barracks. Then, noticing his tight grip was still around a now tilted flute of 1492 classic whiskey. He finished off the swig still dangling around in the bottom of the glass.

It took him more than a second for him to realize where he was, he set the flute firmly down on the coffee table and stood to his feet firmly swaying slightly. Small droplets of perspiration on his brow formed again as his eyes began to focus on the tan and chocolate sectional and his vision slowly came into sight visual path of their bedroom closet. The doors were swung open hangers on the floor, he staggered hunger overly towards the room and noticed, her side of the dresser drawers half open as well. Peering inside he slouched and couldn't help his manly 6'1 frame from falling to the ground, in realization Shelby had left him. Maybe she had crept into unit 1114, probably .... "Protected by a couple of the National Guard. Courtesy of her father General Worthington."

Sheldon thought to himself tapping his perfectly manicured finger tips against the hard surface of the granite colored surface as he glanced around the room. If he hadn't gotten a whiff of the faintness of her Sac's Fifth Avenue Hermes scent lingering in the air, even in his hungover status, he'd never have believed she'd have dared to pack her belongings while he lay inches away, disseminated in the lounge recliner.

He noticed a lone pair of neon and black lace thongs hung lazily over the edge of the maple dresser drawer.

His nostrils flared in anger at the sight of them as he visualized her long olive legs, flat stomach and narrow hips holding them up as her luscious middle filled out and puffed the middle of the neon pink. Tears flowed from his eyes and he cried out as if someone had died. He slowly and regrettable reached into his lower drawer feeling around until he touched his murky army Barrette. Pulling it out the drawer

Sheldon scampered to his knees, pulled his limbering frame erect as a solider would have and held the gun to his temple.