Chapter One

Drucilla Bradford's first day was rather exciting and although she had been in the apartment business for several years, I don't think anything would have prepared her for this?

Drucilla had deep caramel colored skin, a round pie face with eyes that were shaped like a sailor moon in the sky deep off into September.

The strange mechanism of her eye color was that they were genuinely a honey brown and if you starred at her long enough, they gave the observer the lost feeling as if she were gather all their knowledge and swallowing them up in an odd obscure abyss.

Her hair hung long with deep dark ripples flowing down her vertebrae.

She'd worked in places that housed everything from Superstars to sport icons, yet I have an uncanny sense this place will bet all those places hands down.

However, she still won't quite know this place for fairly some time yet.

In the end I believe she will learn that the Heights @ Peyton Place unlike any other community that exist has a small world of its own, and no matter what she says or does... there is no way for her to change the outcome of this story by even an mile no not an inch of the truth for it is a story written in the words of the plain honest truth.

The Leasing Office

A heavyset woman with rouge that appeared as if she were dressed for a stage play rushed through the twin glass doors. She, being in such a rush didn't bother with introductions yet, began her first sentences getting straight to the point. Her first words came out as rantings, mumbling on about what she was in search of she almost appeared to be chatting to herself instead of to the agent that set starring at her. The woman stretched out a white gloved palm giving Drusilla a hearty hand shank, as she set down in her two-piece tweed suit constantly pulling at the bottom of her hem ignoring the fact her enormous breast needed a tad bit more coverage then her sheer stocking covered knees.

"Hello there!... Miss.... I'm Dela.... Dela Washington, I apologize however I'm in a hurry and just need your room prices and layouts. My boss sent me In-town or shall I call this Midtown...oh what the hell ever!"

The Lady heckled a bit flustered as she heaved heavily waving around a paper fan that looked like something, you'd see the pastor's wife wave in a small church on a hot Sunday morning in Georgia.

"...Anywho...wherever I am ...I'm perfectly sure I'm in need of housing. I spotted yawl first ... and by God it's hot as a heathen at an altar in heaven out there...but I must say it's nice and brisk breeze indoors here, so I assume your maintenance is up to par? "

Before Drucilla could reply the sizable frame woman chattered on without a breath in-between her sentences.

"So, Drucilla is it? ... How many two bed rooms yawl got round here, that could be ready to move in by tomorrow?"

The women plunged down in another chair as if the first one was of some discomfort. The orange Italian oversized guest chair made a loud squeaking noise as she swashed her bottom around appearing to get comfortable once again.

was at first unmoved by Della's need of hurry and glared at her for a second without speaking. Drucilla detested people who came in the leasing center and began rushing her... as if she were to move with the speed of lightening. They were all in need of a place to live, and they all in Drucilla's point of view expecting her to spit out some magic information like she was a virtual robot instead of a real live person.