that was actually a good pep talk

after aizawa ended class and left the room, mina and kaminari started yelling about how they haven't studied at all. i can empathize, because i haven't studied much either, but i at least made it to #11 in the class. maybe i should study more instead of holding it off until the day before...

nah. procrastination is the best motivation.

you're so fucking stupid

"rin-chan, you wanna join our study group?" kyoka asks, looking over at me, and i slowly nod with a small smile.

as long as i get to spend time with her, i'm happy.

*gagging* disgusting

'parasite'

don't call me that you little bitch!

we head to lunch, kyoka leading me over to where the "bakusquad" is sitting and annoying the explosive boy, and she sits down next to kaminari, me taking the spot across from her and next to kirishima.

"you guys nervous for the exams? i sure am! like, the written test will be hard already, but the practical? we have no idea what those are gonna be! ugh, so nerve-wracking!" kirishima complains as he devours his food and i giggle slightly.

"yeah, i'm more nervous about the practical. you can study all you want for the written test, but you have to put extra work and effort into preparing for whatever the teachers have in store for us," sero adds. bakugo grunts in annoyance from his seat on the redheads' other side, but we all ignore him as the conversation continues to flow easily.

i feel something

i perk up, a slight tingling at my neck catching my attention.

'i bet neito's being a douchebag again'

should we even be surprised anymore?

'nah, he'll just keep being a douchebag as long as he's able. either way he's still our douchebag of a frenemy'

once we were back in the classroom, i sigh when i hear the new info from the "dekusquad" about what the practical test will be. while it is likely that it may be robots, the teachers could just be using that to make us think one thing and end up doing another. it's what aizawa likes to do most, mess with our heads.

i swear to god if we don't get to fight something i'm gonna eat someone

'please no, we just had lunch and it was bigger than usual, we can go out and get you something to eat later for dinner'

venom's quiet for a few moments, but ultimately agrees.

fine. but as long as i get to pick the asshole i'm eating tonight. you try to get me to eat drunken potential rapists half the time

'you know why i prefer letting you eat disgusting pieces of worthless trash like that'

yeah yeah

"you okay, rin-chan? you look kinda lost in thought?" mina asks, staring at me in slight worry, but i flash her a small smile and wave it off.

"it's nothing. i'm just thinking about how to prepare for the tests, that's all." she nods, a relieved smile coming on her face before she skips away, going back to join kaminari in complaining about the written test.

bakugo goes on to basically challenge poor midoriya, and i roll my eyes. this rivalry of theirs is seriously getting annoying and if they don't move past it, it'll stunt their growth as heroes. if they want to improve, they need to move past whatever the fuck is between them.