Engaged

--Fast forward, you're already 17 years old--

"Y/n-ah~~ Chukhahaeyo for graduating!"

Your bff, Yoo Hana hugged you from the back. WIth your yellow graduation suit, you tried to act cool by putting on some cool shades.

"Yo, Hana-yah. 'Ssup?"

"Yah, juggeulae (wanna die)?"

"Chill out,girl. Huh. Finally. I am graduating. Goodbye dance teacher! Goodbye vocal teacher! Goodbye cafeteria and HELLO FREEDOM!!"

You were just spreading your hand freely when someone touched and kissed your head lightly from behind.

"Enjoying your day, hmm?" the voice is somewhat familiar to you.

"Err..hehe you guys..I'll go first okay~" Hana ran away before you could even say anything. You turn to look at the person.

"Tae..Taehyung oppa ga?"

"Ahaa, you recognised me finally~"

You hugged him but realising that he's wearing a silver ring on his left finger makes you taken aback.

"Ehem..so..why are you here?" Clearing your throat and took off your sunglasses quickly.

"Psh. Museun iriya (What the?) To see my baby's finally graduating, of course! I don't wanna miss out this! Never ever"

You smiled in silence. But quickly into cool-mode when talking to him.

"Oh. Okay then. Alright. Gotta go first." Short and simple. That's it, and you disappeared before Taehyung could even talk to you more.

"Sigh. That kid didn't change at all. Still very handful"

Taehyung glanced at his ring, and quickly took his seat.

----

"Next is Miss Lee y/n. As a consistent excellent achiever in her school academics together with her contributions upon making the school proud, she is one of our jewel that never fail to impress us all. I hope she will become the role model for the next generation of Busan High School of Arts and continue to succeed throughout the next level. Congratulations on your graduation!"

Receiving the scroll had never been this good!

----

"Pop! Pop! Pop!" The confettis are all everywhere.

"Congratulations, y/n!!!" your parents and your younger brother congratulated you once you stepped into the house.

"Gee~ Thank you so much everyone!" you want to make a full formal bow as a thankful gift to your parents but your mom prevents you from doing so.

"No, dear. We are very proud of you. That's enough for us"

You hugged them before you almost forgot.

"Oh yes, mom, dad, Kyumin, look who's here~"

Taehyung appeared and all your family members welcomed him warmly.

"Taehyung-ah, long time no see! Come in, let's eat together~" your mom said.

"Thank you, Mr & Mrs Lee~ And here, I brought you some fruits"

"Aww, thank you, you don't need to. Come in, please~"

Taehyung bowed to your parents and entered your house.

-----

"How are you, Taehyung? What are you doing now?" your mom asked Taehyung while eating.

"Uhh, actually I'm still studying. At Apgujeong University. Taking Bachelor of Engineering in Chemical. So yeah, very tiring and busy but still so far so good. Neukkimi joha (I like the feels)"

"So then, how long it will be until you finished your studies?"

"Umm..let's see (counting with his hands). Around 2 years and 4 months because I'm in my 2nd year now"

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah" Taehyung smiled as he complimented your mom's cooking.

"What a sweet-talk guy. Whoever has him as a boyfriend would be drowned by it" you thought.

------

After the meal, all of you except for your younger brother are in the living room. Chitchatting. You don't even know how could there be many kinds of questions asked by your parents to Taehyung. Luckily he's already fine with it. As childhood friends.

"Okay then, y/n-ah. We have something to talk about to" your mom changed her tone becoming more serious. All eyes on you. Including Taehyung's.

"O-okay. Now what?" you widened your eyes like you've committed a crime or something.

"Now that you're 17, I think you should be understand by now"

"And?" You arched your brows and focusing on your mom's words.

"Come here, Taehyung" your mom asked Taehyung to sit by her side on the sofa and he did. Then your mom took Taehyung's left hand and brought it to her lap.

"Mom, don't tell me the ring was actually yours" you made a stupid joke that surprisingly your parents doesn't even laugh on it. Their silence kind of telling you the answer. The truth.

---flashback time---

This happened 12 years ago. You peaked from your bedroom to the living room. Taehyung's parents and yours are there. Like in the middle of some sort of an important discussion. Then the silver ring appeared and is given to Taehyung from your parents. Without understanding the meaning, you only know that THAT could be meaning that Taehyung is someone else's. Since then, you stopped clinging on him and tried to walk on your own. Till now.

--------------------------

"This was actually between you. And Taehyung"

"WHAT???!!!" you shouted.

"Lee y/n! Behave!" your dad instructed you. You sit back tried to calm down. But failed.

"This..mom..dad..ige mwoya(what's all this?)" You asked them.

"Look, I like Taehyung because he's such a good kid. Well, I thought you also--"

"Like him? No. No at all. He's already like my real brother to me and now this? No. Just no, mom. I'm sorry"

You ran upstairs and locked yourself in your room. Throwing your pillows here and there. Screaming under the blanket.

"Why? Whyyy? Whyyyy must it be like this~"

Deep inside, you feel somewhat relieved.

"What is this feeling?" you shyly asked yourself.

----Meanwhile----

"Uhh mianhae Taehyung-ah for her to behave like this" your mom felt sorry.

"Oh not at all, eomoni. It's okay. She needs some time. It's okay. I'll head back first. And please, don't blame yourself okay? I'm sure she can make it somehow"

Taehyung smiled and bid your parents goodbye.

edited.