32.

「 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘 」

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

waking up next to rudy was an honest blessing for kayla. it almost felt unreal waking up to someone permanent every morning, but she trusted herself and rudy.

they spent everyday together. kayla went back to work with davine and rudy made sure to visit her at work. everything was going fine for kayla's first real official relationship.

the cast would find theirselves down by the beach often walking by the ocean or building sandcastles. they even drove up to south carolina as a small roadtrip to show kayla around the spots they filmed outer banks.

weeks turned into months since they made theirselves official. the cast went back down to la and soon found themselves separated from each other for their personal well being and own lives. everyone except for kayla and rudy.

they never once confirmed their relationship to the fandom in fear kayla would get attacked even more, although it was quite obvious once rudy started commenting on her pictures and the content with elaine slowly disappeared.

the two were lucky enough to have a great friend like davine. davine didn't hesitate to let the two stay with her and sneak kayla's dog ginger into her apartment room. everything was perfect until rudy said he should probably go back to alaska for some time with his family.

kayla was very upset, but her excitement didn't leave for long when rudy came back a month later and asked her to move in with him in la.he found an apartment for himself that he was glad to share with his girlfriend. kayla accepted the offer in shock and excitement. she'd have to find a small job out there, but it wouldn't be hard since she planned on going to college soon.

the newest couple, davine and carter, pulled kayla into a tight goodbye hug. they moved to rudy afterwards since they grew super close with him over the past few months he stayed with them. it was hard to separate from their lifetime friend, but they spent everyday of the month hanging out with her since rudy asked their best friend the question.

devastated over her distance with her two best friends, kayla promised davine and carter they'd call everyday and hopefully visit often. kayla was unsure at first, but it would be good start to a new life now that she's in her 20s.

luckily the cast helped them move her stuff back and forth, including ginger that the apartment complex accepted. rudy pulls up in front of kayla's house, the two staring at it for a while. kayla got all of her necessary things from it, but now it's time for her to make a quick check and say goodbye to her parents.

"will you be okay?" rudy looks at his girlfriend sitting in the passenger seat. "want me to come with?"

kayla shakes her head, staring at the front door. "i'll be fine." she gives him a small smile before opening the door and walking up to her past house.

the all to familiar smell of cigarettes and beer filled her nose. she honestly didn't know how her parents kept this thing around for so many years. she runs upstairs grabbing any extra blankets she kept in her closet or extra essentials in the bathroom.

finally, she walks downstairs and sees her parents sitting on the couch. after years of them arguing it was probably one of the rarest sightings to see them sitting in the same room as each other.

"alright, i'm leaving now." kayla stops in front of her parents.

her parents look up at their daughter with bloodshot eyes. they were exhausted of the constant arguing and all the drugs and drinking they've been doing over the past few months.

when mr. ortega stands up, kayla expects to get slapped or something, but instead she gets pulled into a hug. "have fun in la."

"o-okay. thank you." kayla questions whether she should hug him back, but she does. she wraps her arms around him.

next is her mom. hugging her tightly, she wishes her mom could be there for her when she goes to college. she wishes her parents were actually there for her all the years they've lived together, but now she has a new life with rudy and her friends.

"i better go." kayla excuses herself from the hug.

"alright, love you honey." her parents wave to her as she gives them a small smile, opening the door and closing it behind her.

she walks back to the car where rudy waits for her. he was scared when she opened the door and closed it behind her when he couldn't see her. "how'd it go? you okay?" he asks.

"i'm fine. better get going, it'll take a while." kayla puts the bag in the backseat, smiling at rudy.

weeks of back and forth packing with the friends was difficult. two moving trucks later, the two are finally on their way to their official apartment.

multiple bathroom breaks and a night at the hotel, they finally arrive in front of their apartment complex. kayla only saw it over facetime but she fell in love with it right away.

rudy smiles at her excitement as he grabs her extra bags from the car and follows her in. "want the keys?"

kayla nods and takes the keys from rudy. they get into the elevator and press the button on their floor. right when the elevator stops, she runs into the hallway all the way to their door. "this is it?"

"it is." rudy confirms.

kayla takes in a deep breath and sticks the key into the door. twisting the knob, she opens the door and walks into their open apartment. "oh my god." she mumbles.

thankfully everything was already set up thanks to rudy and the help of his friends. she runs around the apartment and checks everything out including the little spaces that had no importance.

"you like it?" rudy sets the bags down in their bedroom where kayla currently is.

"do i like it? i love it!" kayla exclaims, jumping into his arms.

rudy catches her with a smile on his face, spinning her around in his arms. it's only been a few months since their first official date, but he already loved her to the moon and back.

kayla hops out of his arms to jump onto the bed instead. it was very comfortable compared her bed back at her old house. "ah i can get used to this."

rudy climbs in beside her, pulling her close to him. "totally."

kayla turns her body towards her boyfriend with a sly smile on her face. "only cause i'm here."

"you know it." rudy pulls her closer into a kiss.

the kiss gets heated when rudy climbs on top of her, one hand holding onto her waist and the other on her thigh. neither of them are virgins, but they waited until both of them were comfortable enough.

soon enough both of their clothes were thrown to the floor. it escalated really quickly with barely any talking except for rudy pausing to make sure she's okay. her answer was the same every time he asked.

.... and i think you know where the rest of the night goes.

author's message !

me writing the ending: 👁👄👁 🤮

in other words.... imagine it yourself?? uhh or ignoring it would be better cause i literally want to throw my phone across the room and watch it shatter.