10.

「 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗 」

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚎𝚗

    kayla smiles at herself in the mirror once she's done getting ready. today the group is going zip lining at a local place. chase thought it would be a fun way to for the newest member to get to know the others more while having fun.

rudy dresses in a pair of shorts and a shirt. something very simple, but he still tried to impress his crush. meeting a girl online wasn't the ideal first introduction, but there was a spark in him when she would laugh on facetime or make jokes he usually would.

"trying to impress a girl?" chase stands suspiciously behind the boy dressed in a similar outfit, except he's wearing the iconic bandana everyone knows and loves.

"nope." rudy denies, fluffing up his hair. by the end of her trip he wished to win the girl over and officially call her his.

chase smiles proudly at his friend. he knew exactly what rudy was doing when he tried to make himself look good in simple clothes.

kayla meets her friends down in the lobby of her hotel. rudy immediately pulls her into a hug to make sure she's still standing in front of him, but he pushes it aside as a friendly greeting.

kayla agrees to go with rudy when the group splits up the cars. the two blast music from the radio with the window down. the wind blew kayla's curly hair back as she smiles widely out the window. she hasn't felt this free in a very long time.

rudy watches her carefully. he was totally infatuated with the ortega girl sitting inches away from him. her smile grew every second of the car ride and she screamed lyrics out the window earning multiple stares she felt careless about.

everyone piles out of their car once they arrive to the building. the girls pile up in their own little group away from the boys. they all grew a bond with kayla the moment j.d started the group chat a month ago.

the instructor hooked them all up to the line while he explained the safety rules and instructions. rudy found himself inching closer and closer to kayla who was still standing by madison, making jokes about simple things.

right when rudy reaches her side, drew jokingly pushes him into her. kayla stumbles to her side thankfully being caught by madison before rudy could comprehend what happened.

"i'm so sorry!" rudy catches himself, helping kayla back onto her feet. he reaches his hand out to her and she takes it with joy.

his hand was warm in hers. maybe it was because of the weather, maybe it was because of his nerves, or maybe even both, but either way kayla found it comforting. "it's fine. thank you." she smiles.

rudy nods his head and turns to the guys mumbling amongst themselves. he glares angrily at drew who only smirks and shrugs at his actions.

one by one everyone jumps off the small platform they stood on until it was rudy, kayla, lilah, elaine, and chase left.

"ever been zip lining?" rudy patiently waits for his turn, trying to make small talk with kayla.

"not at all." the shaking girl looks over the edge where the soft grass stood. she was never really lucky enough to leave her house other then to go surfing and skate boarding with her two friends back in florida.

"you scared?" rudy questions when he noticed the nerves radiating off of her. anyone could tell how nervous she got once they got to the point.

"nooo." kayla denies, waving him off, but she quickly corrects herself when chase jumps off and flies down the thin line where the rest of their friends wait. "maybe."

"i'll go in front of you." rudy unclips his line and makes his way in front of his friend, clipping his line back on. "i got you." he tries to play it off, but really he wanted to let her know he was there to help her out.

the girl smiles lightly, her nerves calming down. if he can do it then so can she. "if i die then it's chase's fault for bringing us down here."

"i'll make sure to hold him to it, but i promise you that you'll be okay."

elaine and lilah jumps off next, so now it's rudy's turn. the instructor goes over the rules noticing the two weren't really paying attention before hand.

rudy gives kayla one last comforting look, "see you on the other side." he solutes her before jumping off and flying down just like the rest. "woooooo!" he shouts, holding out his arms freely.

kayla chuckles at her friend, watching him with dazzling eyes. "you got this." she mutters to herself.

the instructor helps her out before letting her go on her own. she stands on the edge, looking down at the grass many feet below her.

rudy watches her on the platform she hasn't moved on. he knew she would do it, as did kayla. he watched her like she was through the screen, far from him, knowing that she'd make her way to him some time.

kayla takes in a deep breath and jumps off without a second thought. she freaks out for a second before she fully catches herself, letting the wind fly in her face like earlier today.

she reaches the second platform and quickly catches herself. even though the next instructor was there to help out, rudy made sure she was okay, placing his hands around her waist for support.

"thank you." kayla smiles sweetly at the blondes sweet gesture.

rudy quickly removes his hand almost out of embarrassment. everyone watches the two have their moment, trying not to chuckle at rudy's quick realization.

the rest of the time went by quickly. the group decided to go down to a small beach side restaurant. it reminded everyone of the wreck in outer banks. it was simple and open to everyone and the food was delicious.

the girls all laugh on one end of the table. they talk about the filming of outer banks and how they got casted. madison explained how she met rudy on the plane and the rest at the chemistry reads.

in the middle of the conversation, kayla look up at rudy who's laughing with the guys. she noticed the spark in his eye whenever he would laugh at something they said.

she would be lying if she said she didn't think about the two together. normally she would hit and leave, but rudy was different. he had a pure heart that she picked up on quickly and didn't want to drop it.