15.

「 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 」

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

    the fourth of july rolled around quickly. rudy and i went to the store to get snacks and another pack of chips ahoy cookies that madison yelled at us for eating.

when we leave the store we meet everyone at chase and rudy's place. we're all going to a field later on to watch fireworks and mess around for the day.

i put on a tube top and jean shorts after my shower. i always hated the feeling of denim after showering though i don't really have a choice.

"i'll be there shortly." madison says over the phone.

"alrighty, i'll see you soon." i hang up the call.

i look at myself in the mirror, fixing up my hair and outfit the way i like it. i toy with the bracelet on my wrist i have took off since and neither has rudy.

like madison said, she met me outside of my hotel room. we drove to the field where the group said we'd all meet up at. by the time we got there they were already set up and ready.

"hey." i smile, giving chase a hug as a greeting. i look over to rudy talking to elaine. he looks pretty deep into the conversation so i sit back and start a conversation with madelyn.

drew passed out beers to everyone except for lilah and i. he brought apple cider just for us, which in my opinion is better than beer.

"who wants to play soccer?" rudy grabs the soccer ball chase brought for fun.

elaine stands up right away and starts kicking the ball around. it looks like she's played soccer when she was younger cause she was sure good at it.

"kay kay why don't you try?" rudy waves me over.

i stand up and gladly join in. i'm not much of a soccer girl so rudy teaches me how to kick it around. thought I'm not very good at it either way, i still have fun with the others.

rudy high-fives me acting like he's all out of breath. "really worked me there. thank you for that."

"oh really? you're welcome." i say sarcastically and sit back down with madelyn.

"excuse me?"

the group and i look over to two a few girls who are coming our way. from what i'm guessing, they're fans of outer banks.

"can we get a few pictures?" the girl with blonde hair asks.

"of course! what's your name?" chase stands up as does the rest of the cast.

i basically sit back and watch everyone do their thing. i'm very proud of my friends, but it's also really awkward.

"kayla can we get a picture?" one of the girls ask.