Chapter 35: Bingo at a Bar Part 2

Start from the beginning

She nods, tilting her head to get a better look at him. "You have your own EMT?"

"We would have trainers, but the Wolves had a bit of a collapse so it was easier to pay one EMT rather than a bunch of trainers." I finish the last of my drink and look over to the bartender for another, this night might as well get long.

"So, he's okay with blood?"

I nod. "Not at all phased by anything, if you're looking for a badass, it's him."

"Ah, I'm not really into that type of guy." She looks back to me. "I'm into people like you."

"And what is it about me?" I take a sip of the second, knowing I should not be drinking like this.

"I dunno," she lets out a little laugh, "you're in a leather jacket drinking whiskey like it doesn't have a taste," she pauses, then waves at me, "but you're all cute about it."

"Gosh," I drop my head back, laughing, "I was trying so hard to look tough."

She lets out a little giggle. "I think you look tough enough."

I pout at her, joking. "No you don't, just said I looked soft."

"You do!" she leans forward at me, "but now that I'm talking to you, you're a cutie."

I frown. "My looks are deceiving my deep dark evil inside." I brush my hand across my hair and bring it down over my eyes. "Let me go home, lock all the doors, shut off all the lights, and listen to some MCR."

That gets a good laugh out of her. "Oh, don't get middle school on me."

I sink into my chair, faking a pout. "Adults suck."

"That they do." she ruffles my hair and I run a hand through it, putting it back into position away from my eyes. "But seriously, how are you drinking that?"

"Huh?"

"Is it cream soda? Is that what's going on?" She leans over and takes a whiff of my drink. "Not cream soda, holy crap"

"Nope." I wink. Oh, shut the fuck up, Steph, you're getting real fuzzy, you can't drink like this anymore, god.

"So what are you doing after this?" she looks toward the door.

"Probably going home, why?"

"Want to dance?" shit.

"Mm," I set my hand on her shoulder. "I'm sorry, honey, I'm dating someone."

"Awh," She mumbles. "Someone beat me to the finish line."

"Ah, yeah."

She frowns at me, then looks at Yeti. "Gosh, I know you said you play hockey, and I'm trying so hard to pin what team, I just can't."

"Keep thinking about it." I smile at her. "I can give you my name if you want."

She shakes her head. "Too easy, give me just your first name."

"Steph," I point at Rocket. "Miloš."

She frowns. "I've heard those together before, what's his last name? I feel like yours will be a giveaway."

"Stojanovič."

She sucks in a little breath of air. "Oh my god, the Bruins? That's where I know you from, you two are Bruins."

I laugh at this. "Last year we were, this year we play with Yeti and Greenie over here." I nod at the two guys.

"Wait, you got traded?" She yawns again. "You're, you're uh, you're," The four of us let her think. "Steph Sagamore. You're Sagamore."