Chapter Seventeen

Valentine

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Ivana whispered to me as we both hid out of sight.

"How long have they been here?" I inquired clenching Ivana's shoulder. I might not be surprised to see Dominic dine here, it's a restaurant and I bet he doesn't know that I manage this since this branch is built just three years ago, but I'm more than shocked to see him again with the very same guy that he's with the last time I saw him at the club.

"I don't have any idea at all" Ivana chirped, "I was just about to talk to one of the crew members when I suddenly spotted him"

"Did he saw you?"

"I don't think so, I quickly hid my face," Ivana said keeping her voice low.

"Okay," I sighed.

"Are they?" Ivana momentarily turned her head to look at me in the eye hoping to talk to me by way of telepathy.

"Dating?" I continued, "Probably since they're both here and they don't seem to look like business partners or something" This kind of set up most certainly raised some suspicion from me who just followed them to a motel a few days ago. If Dominic and this guy were dating then why the hell did Dominic have to leave him alone early?

"The guy is kind of hot though," Ivana said taking a speculative look at the guy sitting across from Dominic.

"Are you kidding me? He looks more like a jerk to me"

"Mhmm! That's right, it takes one to know one" Ivana spat clearly implying something and then decided that she's had enough of the spying and left.

"Did you just throw shade at me?" I quickly caught up to her.

"If you stay shady, you don't have to get shady" She flipped her hair and winked at me before finally turning sharp towards her office.

I continued strutting towards my office and when I arrive, I took a long sip of my coffee realizing halfway through that it's already starting to grow cold and useless. The thought of Dominic dating that guy does not fail to baffle me. For some reason, my instinct says that he's just hooking up with him and that's it. I slowly laid the mug on the table and suddenly, out of nowhere, I decided to go back to the dining.

I found myself deliberately spying at Dominic for the second time. Laying my eyes on Dominic with this better lighting most definitely gave me the chance to thoroughly scrutinize him. He appeared to be the exact same Dominic Warren that I knew back in high school, just with a different hairstyle that admittedly suited him better than I would've thought. That five-year gap of not seeing him did not change him at all. His grey eyes did nothing but captivate my starving soul once again even from where I am standing, it looked bewitching than ever.

A waiter by the name of Allen happened to notice me hiding by the corner and greets me with his deep virile voice. I just awkwardly smiled back at him trying to be unsuspicious. When I turned my attention back at Dominic they were already asking for their bill prompting me to run back to seek Ivana.

"Hey! Grab your stuff, we need to leave!" I ordered Ivana who's currently busy tapping on her computer.

"What? Why?" She reacted.

"We need to follow them!" I spat at her. I quickly ran to my office grabbing my phone and my car keys and then hurried back to Ivana. "What are you waiting for? Grab your fucking bag!"

"Okay, okay" She grabbed her bag and I pulled her arm almost nonchalant that she was dragged with a little bit of force. "Geez, Valentine. What is this?"