The Heights @ Monroe Drive Introduction

Introduction

.... See, the life that I lived seemed to be so betrayed, a life dejected,a soul lost ...yet gained although full of people that just seem to somehow expire... I shook my head as they passed... got on my knees and prayed to the Lord...that this moment would forever vanish...no longer part of my presence yet a mere fading existence of my past... I share with you this that thus began in the murky obscurity, would be told in the light yet held in its shadowy of faintness as tales told in the dusk of dawn ...as I prayed and preserved and sometimes banished my desire for the people I adored ... wishing our hearts desires.... never sent us to the hurls of hell... to beg mercy for our sins.... yet proclaimed and share each night and each morning yield... that thus,began at the dusk of dawn and ended at the conclusion of each day as each second, minute, hour ticked away that could never be returned to its owner as they watched them just go astray.

Come closer...Sit down ...listen to a tale, I know... it may be black folk hood inflicted, white folk injected, a life lived but not fully lived at all. Shut your mouth, when you read something that makes you want to gasp. Here is a story to be told.... and rather you believe it to be the truth or you believe it not, understand it to be a tale told straight from the heart.

Reader Beware, only read with the thought of enjoyment, anything else could lead you to a misconception of what is really being alleged. ...So, listen to the tale that begins as....

Once Upon A Time...

The limbs hung wildly around the cement sign. Daffodils, dandelions even red and yellow tulips engulfed its presents. The writing cursive, each letter perfected formed by the craftsmanship that craved it. ...even before its existence... it told a story yet to become.

A quiet yet busy street, high jacked by its history of silence, was being paced ...formed... hankered... into what will to this day and thereafter...be known as ...
THE HEIGHTS AT MONROE DRIVE .

The green grass grew like a forest set in suburbia instead of the retro Atlanta area known as Midtown. The cul-de-sac seemed to be in a world of its own... once you turned onto Monroe Drive and swiped your used ductile entrance card, that by the way the previous owner paid the same $50 dollars you did however now you have a scuffed-up hand-me-down possibly bent entrance admittance pass, which may or may not work.

There is a possibility you upgraded to a $75 dollar remote? rather old or you actually received it as brand new... yet you desire to just swipe your device and push that automatic access button and dare to part the cranky mosaic iron gates into your community, at least that's what the Welcome Letter quoted " Welcome to your Community"...

You reminisce about the first time you saw the sign while passing by and there you were.... far from home reading that banner as you passed it barely noticing it but definitely reading that banner that sticks in your head miles down the highway.

It read....

"If you lived here.... you would already be home now!"

So, after much thought and days at passing by this sign that sticks in your head .... you ride through the gates of this advertised community ... slowly or rapidly or at any hour that you may so please ...as the opaque iron clutches of the wheels roll though parting the pavement making a screeching sound to allow you entrance to the community.

The Owners know the gates are in much need of oiling and just some tender loving care ...but what do they fare?

They continue to collect, and debit their fee, letting the gates squeak and scream

"The Hell with it they say?"

Then passing the words through their lips as a line clearly taught to every employe skillfully say to say ???... the leasing agent continue on with a list of rules you can barely hear?

All you want is for the agent to simply shut the heck up and hand over your keys to your new place?

However, the agent can not seem to do this with ease, on and on she goes like your keys are a piece of Chocolate German Cake sitting before you as a tease.

"Gate's do not guarantee safety... Oh this they do not!" The Leasing Agent repeats the same message until you can hear it in your sleep. "Gates are just an amenity...

(The words float out) with an appearance to hold its inhabitants sheltered?" Yet you hear what you want to hear anyway, which is one of the reasons you rented an apartment here... gated community?

What they are really saying ... and what you don't quite seem to comprehend is....?

They will leave your ass out hanging and vulnerable to these slow closing gates... to yet any dire straits?

... And so, what do you think will become of your own fate as cars slide in & out sneakily pass the elderly opening gates?

The surrounding residential neighborhood and animals just laying down to rest will be awoke by the sound of a real hot reeling wheeled mess...

Where is this place you may ask? Well let me tell you since you inquired...any community in which you sign your name to that lease? Yet this one happens to be...

The Heights @ Monroe  Drive, It sits off deep in the curves of a somewhat sameness forest, and from the angle of it from the highway, at a glance maybe at a distance, it appears as if the community were a rooster calling to the fading moon, announcing the arrival of one entering a place yet soon to be doomed?

The 281-unit garden-like mini high rise grounds seem to create a temporary trance, allowing its residence to forget about the rest of the world yet the world will never seem to forget about The Heights @ Monroe Drive.