Chapter 12 - Tango

Start from the beginning

That's done, there's no going back. Their reaction was surprisingly similar, Mista put his phone down and screamed a heartfelt 'Fina -fucking-lly' before mumbling things. While Trish let her head fall back, laughing, "Took you long enough to admit it, it was getting frustrating for everyone." What did she mean by everyone? Holding my phone properly so they could view me, I noticed my face was flushed red. "Oh god I'm a mess-" I said lightly, "Oh definitely, but we'll help you" Trish told me with a beautiful smile.

"This is going to be so much fun," Mista started, running a hand through his hair, he was hectic I could see the cogs in his brain turning rapidly. "We need a plan of action, do you have any sexy-" Trish interrupted him, rolling her eyes, "Dude shut up, you're bad at that. As much as she'd definitely rock sexy stuff, Bucciarati is a refined man-" "Listen, listen, hear me out: every men like lingerie for sure, plus I'm sure Bucciarati is super kinky and shit-" I couldn't hold my laughter any longer, neither could Trish.

Those two kept going back and force like this a while, brainstorming a strategy for me to 'get yo man' as Mista put it. I sometimes had to put them back on track because their ideas were a tad bit wilder than I was, which then wouldn't help my case. Our call was interrupted when there was knock on my door, I sat up quickly lowering the volume of my phone. "Yeah?" I called out.

Bruno opened the door slowly, his raven hair coming into view. "It's been fifteen minutes," he told me with a small smile, not leaving the entrance. Staring at him, I brought the phone to my face slowly, "Guys, go to go. I'll keep you updated." I said it as vaguely as possible considering that the topic of our conversation was standing, handsomely, in front of me. Unfortunately, just before I pressed the end button, Mista was able to say 'Don't forget the lingerie'

Clearing my throat, I left the bed and walked past Bruno with rosy cheeks. "Don't say a word." I muttered, he chuckled in response before we made our way to the dining room where he had already served our plates. As always, it looked delicious but as I sat down, I wondered, "Don't you ever get tired of cooking? I definitely would. Perhaps it's because I'm lazy in the first place..." Bruno smiled and shook his head.

"I actually find it very relaxing," he started gently, "Unfortunately, being capo, I don't have much time to cook..." he paused, deep in thoughts. "or rather, I'm so absorbed by my work that I forget. It's bad habit, I often end up eating late." He admitted with a chuckle before starting eating. Frowning I nudge his foot, pointing my fork his way. "Hey that's not good, you make food when I'm here why don't you do it for yourself?" I asked confused, he seemed like the kind of person who would lose track of time while working, it was bound to come along bad choices.

Pushing my fork towards the table he chuckled, "It's different if I have someone to take care of. I wouldn't want you to starve, cara." He spoked softly. Scoffing, I started eating but wasn't done yet, "Well I wouldn't want you to starve either, I have your phone number I can assure you if you're not on a mission I'll spam you until you eat." I threatened, or promised? "Hell, I'll facetime you while I eat!" I added, taking a determined bite of the food on my plate, my eyes set on his sapphire ones.

Bruno seemed taken aback, his face slightly red by my declaration. Looking down at his plate, he thanked me in a gentle tone, "I- that's sweet, cara. A bit unnecessary, but I appreciate the sentiment." Smiling, we then proceeded to eat with the occasional random questions we would throw each other, getting to know one another. After finishing the meal, we put everything away and made our way to the living room.

Everything was the same as we left it after training with Abbacchio, spacious, the couch was moved and Timo was laying on it. I was very anxious about this lesson, waltz seemed easy and quite frankly I think with a few more try I could do pretty well on the day of the ball, but tango? Tango was on a whole other level; it was way out of my comfort zone.