"Can we talk?" he asked gently, seemingly preoccupied. Looking at him with wide eyes, I nodded slowly, putting my fork down after swallowing the bread. Those words were scarier when spoke between two partners or lovers, but I still felt my heart pounding in my ribcage upon hearing them. I started thinking about anything that I could have done that might have displeased him or on a bigger scale, the Passione famiglia, but nothing came to mind. I always tried my best to follow their instruction, not bringing my stand out in public, but now I wondered.

Smiling fondly, he laid back on chair, trying to look more professional. "I have to ask you; would you like another bodyguard?" he asked with a serious face. The tone he used was as if we talked about replacing an old shower, it was business-like. Inside I was panicking, why would I want to change of bodyguard? Did he not like me- was it because I was too familiar with him? Giving him a sad look, I put my hands on my lap to fidget anxiously out of his sight.

"Why are you asking this? Is it about last night?" I tried my best to hide my emotions behind a poker face as I asked but inside, I was losing it, I was even scared that they'd send a total stranger when I got used to being with Bruno. Nodding in response, Bruno continued "Yes, I- "interrupting him, I looked down, embarrassed, and told him urgently, "I'm sorry I overstepped, I just wanted to help. I won't do it again." I knew I should have left him alone; he could handle himself; he did not need me to get over it.

A silence followed my words, I looked up and was faced with a gaping Bruno. Pulling himself together, he chuckled lowly, pink dust covering his cheeks. "That's not- I meant- "pausing a moment and clearing his throat, he extended his hand for me to take, which I hesitantly did. Exhaling he proceeded, "Thank you for last night, it helped. What I meant was that maybe, you'd want someone else to watch over you since I'm not... I still have those nightmares." He explained. I never knew he felt that way, did he think he was weaker for simply having nightmares?

Confused, I furrowed my brow but tighten my grip on his hand. I shook my head and gave him a genuine smile, "I don't want to change of bodyguard, it'll be a bother to get used to someone else all over again." I said the last part teasingly, smirking at the mafioso who laughed lightly. "But please Bruno, you're not- uh..." this time I was the one fumbling with my words, I really had to work on expressing heartfelt emotions, I wanted to lift him up and find the right words but it was so hard.

"Nightmares are bad but you're not, okay? You're not alone- I'll help you the best I can if you let me and ..." I paused a moment, looking at my plate to avoid his gaze and whispered one last thing, "Just... don't' go? I'd like to keep my gatto a bit longer." I regretted saying this the moment it left my mouth, that was too much. I shouldn't have said that, I should have just told him to do what he thought was right. I could feel my face reddening as time went by without an answer.

Suddenly I felt my hand being lifted, from the corner of my eye I could see that Bruno had brought my hand to his lips and kissed it delicately before staring at me. "Thank you cara, your words helped." He started, letting go of my hand as he glanced behind me an instant before starting eating. Sensing something indescribable inside me, I knew Yesterday was out, which gave away my actual lack of composure. Humming in response I resumed eating without saying a word, not trusting myself to form decent sentences.

"Now that this is done; There is another subject I'd like to address." He announced. Wincing in silent, I thought anything we were going to talk about couldn't be worse than what just happened. Nodding with my fork in mouth, he leaned forward on his elbows. "Tonight, we're going out." My response was to choke on the bread I had in mouth. Grabbing the glass of water Bruno was handing me, I took a few gulps, before talking at the same time as Bucciarati "Like a date?!" - "We'll be joining Giorno and every one to talk about the situation"