Jeff Atkins [10]

Your POV

My boyfriend, Jeff, and I were laid on my bed, heads facing the ceiling, just talking about anything and everything. Things just felt so easy with him and conversations flowed so freely. We had been dating for a few months now and neither of us had said 'I love you' yet. That being said, I had been thinking about it a lot recently and I truly believed I was ready to tell him how much I loved him.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeff asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.
I turned my head and noticed that Jeff was looking directly at me. Smiling slightly, my eyes met his and a thousand butterflies erupted in my stomach, making me feel exactly how I felt the first time he looked at me. Jeff's perfect smile and dreamy eyes never failed to make me feel weak to my knees. He was such a perfect man and I would never understand what I did to deserve him. I snapped out of my thoughts, realising that I still needed to respond to him.
"Hmm...Just thinking about how perfect you are and how I'm the luckiest girl in the world." I smirked, not breaking the eye contact between the two of us.
"Oh Y/N, you and I both know that I'm the lucky one." He grinned, closing the gap between us and pecking me on the lips.

We laid in silence for a few peaceful moments before I plucked up the courage to tell him what was on my mind.
"Jeff..." I said, sounding quite anxious.
"What's wrong princess?" He asked, sounding clearly concerned.
"Nothings wrong. I just want to tell you something." I replied.
"Hmm okay." He hummed, indicating for me to continue.
"I don't want to freak you out but I've wanted to tell you this for a while and I think I'm finally ready..." I paused for a second, looking deeply into Jeff's eyes, "...I love you, Jeff Atkins."
I automatically searched Jeff's face for some sort of reaction and just as I said those words, a huge smile spread across his face and he blushed a light pink shade.
"Oh Y/N..." Jeff paused, clearly shocked by what I had just said.
"You don't have to say it back if you don't want to..." I half smiled, trying to figure out how he felt.

Jeff rolled on top of me and used his hands to prop himself up, just inches away from my face.
"Of course I'm ready to say it back." Jeff grinned, causing me to blush.
"I love you Y/F/N." He said whilst looking directly into my eyes.
I raised my hand so it was resting on his cheek and we both lent in, connecting our lips together.
"I love you so much princess." Jeff whispered as we both pulled away and he rested his forehead on top of mine.