Scott Reed [7] x Jeff Atkins [6]

A/N
Okay so this storyline was requested by Lisa4x so thank you so much for the idea (Please go check her out and read her books, she's an amazing writer). I didn't really know whether to call this a Scott or Jeff imagine so I just decided to put it as both. 

Your POV

I sat in Scott's car listening to music, as he drove us to school. Today was going to be a weird day as I knew it was Jeff's first day back since the accident several months ago. He had been in a coma for just over four months and since then he had been staying at home until he was fit to come back.

Jeff's accident changed the whole school. Everyone loved Jeff and no one seemed happy since the day we all found out about his crash. I understood why, I mean he was the heart of the baseball team and the crush of every single girl that had ever laid eyes on him. It ended up hitting me especially hard as previously he was my boyfriend for almost two years. We had broke up just a month prior to his accident and he was my whole world. We had broken up because he believed our relationship was becoming slightly toxic and he didn't want us to end on a bad note. I completely understood where he was coming from, I loved him with every inch of me but our relationship was losing love and it was becoming more of a routine. I thought that we would break up for a month or so and we would just get back together but obviously his accident changed that.

Scott and I hadn't exactly been really close before the accident. We knew each other and I would've called him a friend but you know how it is. For the first few months of Jeff being in hospital, we both spent every waking hour we physically could at Jeff's bedside. He was Jeff's best friend and I was his ex-girlfriend. He was the only person that truly was able to understand the hurt and pain that I was going through and we both trusted each other completely. That's where it all began...

When you spend 10 hours or more every single day with someone, you end up growing this close bond that no one would be able to understand with each other. It started as a way for us to support each other and it ended up becoming a true friendship. 

The only problem with our friendship was that my feeling were growing to become something more. It made me feel so terrible. I mean I was there to support the love of my life and stupid me ended up falling for his best friend. I wouldn't say I had a crush on him but he was a genuinely sweet guy and my emotions and feelings at this point were just a mess.

"Hey, earth to Y/N!" Scott shook me out of my thoughts, "We're here. What were you thinking about?"
"Oh ha sorry." I half-heartedly laughed, "Just Jeff...It's going to be weird seeing him again. I mean I haven't seen him or spoke to him since he got home from hospital as his mum didn't let him have his phone."
"I will never understand her logic in that." Scott laughed as we got out of his car, "How does taking someones phone away help them get better quicker?"
"No clue." I giggled, "But I just...I don't know how to act. I mean does he still hate me? Does he even remember me...remember us together? I don't even know how I feel about him and I anymore."
"Hey look Y/N, it will be fine okay." Scott reassured me, "He never hated you. Do you still like him?"
"I-I don't know..." I looked at the ground and sighed, "I haven't seen or spoke to him in over half a year, things are different now. I'm a different person compared to then. I love him so much but what if it has all changed him."
"I'm sure he's the same old charming Jeff as always." Scott joked as we reached the steps.

"Hey Scott!" I heard a familiar voice shout as we almost reached the doors of Liberty. 
Both Scott and I turned around and looked at the boy walking towards us. I frowned slightly at the fact that he didn't even notice me.
"Y/N?" Jeff raided his brow, looking between the two of us, "Well I guess a lot changes in half a year."
"Hey bro!" Scott grinned, engulfing Jeff in a tight hug the moment they reached each other.
After a few moments, the boys pulled away and ignited a conversation between each other.

After a minute or two of almost feeling invisible, I turned on my heel and began walking away, leaving them to talk.
"Hey wait up Y/N, can we talk real quick?" Jeff said without any emotion in his voice.
"Y-yeah." I stuttered and Scott quickly began to head into school.
"I'll see you guys in a bit, great to see you are back to yourself Atkins." Scott smiled before walking off.

I followed Jeff as he walked towards an empty bench and sat down. I sat on the bench with him and I felt an awkward silence fall upon us. He sighed before speaking.
"Were you both ever going to tell me? Or just leave me to find out?" He asked and I raised my brow.
"Tell you what? I'm confused, I haven't seen you awake since the accident."
"I've seen Scott a few times, why didn't he just tell me." He looked at the ground.
"Tell you what?" I asked once again.
"That you guys are now dating."He said and I laughed slightly.
"We're not dating." I said.
"Well if you're not dating, you like him. I can tell, don't you?" Jeff said, hurt laced with his words.
"I-I don't know Jeff..." I sighed, "We spent over four months with each other, constantly by your bedside, thinking you were dead. It broke my heart seeing the love of my life like that...He was the only one that truly understood my hurt and we shared everything with each other. There were countless nights that we both cried ourselves to sleep together, hoping to get a call telling us that you were awake."
"I-If I'm the love of your life how can you fall for him whilst I was near enough dead." Jeff choked.
"I haven't fell for..." I stopped myself, "I really do love you Jeff, with every inch of my being, but spending that much time with someone changes things. My emotions and feelings are a mess and I'll admit that. I'm one big fucking mess right now but I really do love you. I don't know what to do anymore..."
"Well maybe once you have sorted out your mess you can speak to me about how you feel, about us." Jeff sighed, "See you around Y/N."

Without another word, he lifted himself up off of the bench and walked away. I wanted to shout after him and pull him back but I just couldn't. I couldn't put him through another moment of hurt or pain, he had been through enough.

A/N
Ok so I kind of want to to a part 2 to this, what do you guys think? Also if you do want a part 2, who do you want her to choose, Scott or Jeff? I'm really not sure who I would choose if I made a part 2 so I need you all to chose by commenting your choices below.