bonus chapter (3)

Start from the beginning

Oliver nodded and did just that and then after a nod of approval, he shifted the car into reverse and slowly started to back out of the parking lot. His eyes kept checking the mirrors, moving slow as ever, until he was all the way out.

"Good job!" Charlie said with a smile.

Oliver breathed a sigh of relief and looked at Charlie. "Not too bad."

She snorted. "Alright tough guy, get out on the street."

Oliver's eyes widened slightly and he nodded. "Okay. Right. What could go wrong?"

• • •

The door shut softly behind Charlie with a click of the lock. "Don't be mad."

"I'm not mad." Bucky said, kicking off his shoes and moving to sit on the bed. "I'm not mad."

"It's just a car. We can fix it." Charlie said hesitantly and approached the man.

"I know, I'm not mad." Bucky reassures himself and Charlie. "It's just out of all things a stop sign? How'd he even jump the curve?"

"I don't know, metal man." Charlie said and set her hands on his shoulders. She stood between his legs. "I haven't seen him cry since he was younger."

"Me neither." Bucky said. "I felt bad for him."

She laughed. "It's your car, don't feel bad. I think he just got nervous. Next time, take him out without me."

"Next time? Why don't you do it?"

Charlie raised an eyebrow. "Do I really need to answer that question? You know he looks up to you more than anyone else in the whole world."

"I'm pretty great."

Charlie laughed and pushed him backwards. "You're impossible. That's what you are."

After she laid down next to him, her gaze on the ceiling, she spoke again. "Do you remember what it was like, before?"

"Before what?" Bucky asked. He turned on his side and moved Charlie's arm so he could fit between it and her side. His head was resting on her chest.

"Before the Workshop. Before we mutated. I mean, it's been like this longer than it has before." Charlie said. "Do you miss it?"

"Kind of." Bucky answered honestly. "I miss when Olly was little. I miss the house. I think I miss the house more than anything. But I like where we are. You have a family here, honey."

"I know, I know." Charlie nodded. She felt a small amount of pain shoot through her heart as she light about her old house. The fire had destroyed everything. Every part of her childhood. She didn't have a single thing from it. "I miss the house too."

Bucky ran his fingers up and down the pale white of her skin, tracing the soft blue veins that decorated her skin. It was more noticeable on the parts of her body clothes often hid.

"I feel cheated, though. Even now." Charlie said. "And I know it's selfish to say. You don't have anything from your childhood either. But I miss my dad's shirts and my family photo albums."

"I know honey, I'm sorry." Bucky said quietly and moved to look at her. "I wish I could have been more of a help."

"What? Shut up. You almost died." Charlie said and smacked the top of his head lightly. "Asshat."

He laughed and kissed her gently. "Well we will have a family of our own someday, and you'll be able to make a bunch of photo albums then."

"A family, huh?"

"Yeah. I think a couple sons. We have been married for almost two years now."

"You know I can't actually control that, right? And how many times do I have to tell you I'm not ready yet."

Bucky sighed loudly and dramatically. "I know, I know. You want Oliver to be a little older."

"He's only sixteen. He's still a kid. I don't want to just have a kid and leave him."

"I know, I know. It's one of the things I love very much about you. But once he's a little bit older... I'm putting a baby in you."

Charlie laughed and moved away when he tried to tickle her. "So set on a boy. What if we have a girl? Or girls?"

Bucky laughed. "I can't do a daughter. I don't know anything about girls."

"Clearly." Charlie playfully rolled her eyes.

Bucky faked shock and immediately moved to tickle her sides, laughing when she started to scream in laughter and pleas to stop.

"Say the magic word and I'll stop."

"Oh my God... okay, okay! I love you! Stop."
She laughed.

Bucky smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. "There. Was that so hard?"

I hope you liked the bonus chapter! There will be a few left!!