018

• • •

• • •

"Living on a lighted stage
Approaches the unreal
For those who think and feel
In touch with some reality
Beyond the gilded cage"

Rush,
Limelight

• • •

L E G O S were scattered around in the dining room table and Bucky and Oliver worked at building the old Avenger's tower; per request by the youngest of the Grant siblings.

A half empty bowl of chips was sitting next to them on the table, long since forgotten as the two friends worked at the toy. Salty fingerprints could be seen on each LEGO piece but they didn't care.

Oliver was much too excited to think about any of it. He was hanging out with his new best friend.

"Bucky can I ask you something?" Oliver asked in a very polite voice.

"Sure thing."

"Was it scary?"

Bucky looked up from the plastic gray piece and his eyes set on the little boy. "Was what scary?"

"When you died, was it scary? I was scared. I didn't know what happened and then I woke up and I was scared even more."

"What do you mean?"

"I was all by myself I'm the street and I thought that I fell. But Charlie wasn't there. And I went home but the door was locked and I had to wait for hours before Charlie got home. I was really scared."

"That sounds really scary." Bucky told him with a sad smile.

"Were you scared?" He repeated his question from earlier.

Bucky then thought back on when he woke up in the woods of Africa. Only there wasn't time for him to be scared, he needed to move. Another fight needed to be fought.

It was only after the battle that he was scared.

But of course, he couldn't tell Oliver that.

"I was a little, but Captain America needed my help."

Oliver's eyes lit up as he thought about the infamous Captain America. "Was he cool?"

Bucky smiled and leaned back against the chair. "He's so really cool. He was my best friend. He was a punk though."

"But you always stand for what's right. Because what's right is right, and everyone else is wrong." Oliver said proudly as he put the last LEGO piece on the top of the tower.