075

• • •

• • •

"Hold me, I'm falling apart"

Dean Lewis,
Chemicals

• • •

C H A R L I E and Bucky sat in the quiet of the night in silence. Both of them with too much on their minds but not enough will to speak. The overwhelming knowledge of the fact that Charlie and Oliver were safe again, made them both sit silently and appreciate that fact.

She did try and sleep, but it was hopeless. Every time that she shut her eyes she imagined those dark eyes that caused her so much pain; the same ones she saw frozen looking back at her before she killed him.

And then there was Noah; who now haunted her dreams again. She knew he had gotten away in her escape and that scared her. He could be anywhere in the world by now and she knew, she knew with all her heart, that he would come for her again. He'd find her somehow and someway.

She wondered if he'd kill her when he did; if he had it in him. The only thing she had going for her safety in the Workshop was the love the unstable man had for her. But after she left, would that be enough to snap what's left of his mind? She wasn't sure she wanted to know the answer.

While there were no windows in the room she was in, she knew that morning had finally arrived by the change in the atmosphere. She could feel the warmth of the day beginning above her and she wished more than anything she could feel the sun on her skin again.

Cool tears began to sting her eyes as she thought of all that had happened, and all that could still happen. She thought of how her and her brother mutated; that their lives would now forever be haunted by what had happened the past week and a a half. How could it have been that short of an amount of time?

Feeling her stir as Charlie wiped the cold tears trailing along the curve of her cheek, Bucky's eyes opened and he blinked slowly as sleep let go of him.

"Are you okay?" He asked her; for what seemed like the millionth time.

Charlie nodded quickly and tried to put on a brave face. She didn't want him to worry about her, she hated when he did. So she smiled a heart breakingly small smile. "Yeah, I am. I think I want to stand up. My legs are cramped."

"The doctor said you should take it easy."

"Well the doctor can bite me." Charlie said, grabbing onto the railing of the bed and slowly beginning to pull herself into a sitting position. She grimaced at the discomfort it brought her, but was relieved that there was no pain.