futile devices

'guys we should go to the pool tonight!' ella says while we eat lunch.

im laying on alli's lap and shes playing w my hair. i rest my feet on timmy's lap as he draws circles on my calves. it tickles and his touch gives me warmth.

'that'd be hella fun' colin says nodding at stevie. stevie smiles and looks at colin with raised eyebrows.

timmy looks at me and i smile, he smiles hard.

'i think this could be fun' alli whispers in my ear smirking.

'yup' i say back and sit up. nicki and stassie are making out at the end of the table. my heart kind of hurts but at the same time nicki is nicki. he's always been like this so its no surprise to me. timothee takes my mind off it any ways.

the bell rings and were all in agreement about tonight. we usually swim once its late bc its more fun that way.

~

me and alli are in our dorm changing into our bikinis. we arent facing each other and when were down we turn around to look at each other.

i gasp at how alli's white bikini looks pretty on her. she covers her mouth in shock.

'damn girl braeden aint ready for that' i say and she blushes. my off the shoulder baby blue swimsuit does wonders for me. it makes me look cute and hot at the same time.

'your going to have timothee and nicki drooling' i laugh and roll my eyes. we put on clothes over our bikinis and grab our towels.

we head to the pool which is by the gyms. we're meeting up with everyone else there.

~

when we get to the pool alli immediately goes to braeden kissing him passionately. timothee is setting his things down and he looks up seeing me. he smiles slyly and i tuck my hair behind my ear walking towards him.

'hey rour!' he says seductively and i chuckle.

'shut up timmy' i say smiling and he smirks. he's already in his swim trunks with his shirt off revealing an outline of abs that are starting to form. i take off my oversized shirt and shorts to reveal my bikini.

i watch as timothee's eyes get wide looking my body up and down. he grins and i blush. hes gaze fills my body with heat.

he comes close to me standing inches away from me. he touches my hair moving it away from my face with his right hand. then he brushes my chin starting from my ear to the front of my face. he touches my shoulder then goes down to the side of my arm reaching my bikini strap, and tugs it lightly with the tip of his fingers. he traces my skinny waist stopping at my belly button. its as if his he's outlining my body, his touch sending heat throughout my body. we've forgotten about everyone else its just me and timothee.

'hey are u loverbirds going to come in' stevie says and we break from our moment to see everyone watching us with confused expressions except alli whos smiling. i feel my cheeks start to heat up. nicki looks super angry.

'come on lets get in' timothee says and heads towards the edge of the pool; i follow. we stand there for a moment, side by side, before he tries to push me in. i immediately get away from the edge but he grabs my so were facing each other. my legs fail to stand as we are pushed in to the water.

it hurts my back but im not worried about it as timothee kisses me. i grab onto his face pulling him closer to me. as were kissing underwater i feel his lips smile.

we reach the surface still kissing. we break away and timothee looks down on my smiling and resting his forehead on mine.

'i've been waiting to do that ever since i saw you at that party' timothee says breathing heavily. i touch his face lightly like he did to me.

'well at least you didnt have to wait long' i say chuckling and he smirks. i pool away running away from him and heading towards the group. that moment was perfect. timothee is perfect i say in my head smiling to myself.

~

after an hour of playing games and pushing each other in to the pool we get out. as i walk to get my towel timothee's hand rests on my waist.

'rour your parents made a beautiful girl you know that' he says and i blush. that's supposed make me feel warm but it doesnt.

'you should tell my mom that, shes the one who's barely in my life' i say quitely, looking at the ground. i grab my towel and timothee grabs his. i just made things awkward. i should have thought about saying that later.

'what? i thought you had a good relationship with your parents?' timothee asks confused and dries himself.

'well my dad does but my mom not so much. she cares more about other things to really care for me' i say drying myself. timothee puts his towel over his shoulder and walks towards me taking my and helping me dry. he wraps it around my shoulders.

'aurora im sorry. just know that i care about you. there's nothing more important than you to me right now' he lifts my chin with his finger so we looking at each other.

i can tell he understands the pain.

'thank you, that means a lot to me' i say smiling and then timothee does the same. the hurt stops and is replaced my warmth.

🦋🦋

so ik this chapter is written after the book is completed BUT i wanted to write more chapters bc i feel like their relationship was under developed yk. they right away got with each other and there is alot to be known about both of them. plus i saw this scene playout in my head and thought of these characters. anyways idk if im going to add more chapters or not but we will see! i hope you enjoyed this surprise chapter!

xoxo