IFHY

3 weeks later

alli and i are going to lunch when i see timmy talking to a random girl outside the cafeteria doors. alli looks at me in confused. the girl and timmy are laughing and she pushes him playfully. i gasp and have flashbacks to when nicki would flirt with other girls.

i try to tell myself that timothee isn't nicki. timothee wouldn't just flirt with other girls while we are together.

timmy sees me and immediately stops laughing and says goodbye to the girl. she looks at him coming towards me and rolls her eyes then leaves. i turn to alli and she clenches her fist and has a stern look in her face.

'it's fine, go' alli gives me a small smile then leaves through the cafeteria doors. timmy gives me a hug when we reach each other. he pulls away and smiles before kissing my forehead. i smile back then remembering the girl and my expression saddens.

i know timothee isn't like that, he isn't nicki. he wouldn't ever hurt me but i've trusted people before and they've let me down.

'hey what's wrong' timothee's concerned expression snaps me out of thought. he puts a hand on my cheek.

'who was that girl?' i scrunch my eyebrows in pain and question.

'she's just a friend, rour. she's not important, i promise' he says kissing me. i slowly pull away.

'i saw the way she was looking at you' i scrunch my eyebrows in worry

'aurora, i don't care about her. she doesn't matter to me like you do, okay.' he reassures me and i believe him.

'okay' i say nodding my head and smiling. he kisses my forehead again and we go into the cafeteria.

***

i'm walking to meet timothee where we usually meet up after school. i'm about to turn the corner when i see nicki and timothee talking.

'when you going to tell her t' i turn back around, quickly, when i hear nicki say that.

'nicki are you serious, i can't tell her now'

't, she needs to know. you have to be honest with her or i will' nicki says raising his voice slightly.

'no nicki, why the fuck does it matter. it all happened when i thought she chose you.' my heart drops.

this is exactly what i thought would happen. i knew something was wrong. i mean we weren't together but still, it hurts.

'it matters because she would want to know. you slept with that girl, t. i don't want to see her get hurt' nicki's tone softens at the last part.

'nicki is this about me and aurora or you wanting her back' timothee sounds just as angry nicki now.

before i know i show myself and i start walking towards them, slowly. after a couple minutes they notice me, and nicki turns around when he sees timothee looking at me. both their faces in shock.

'rour' timothee tries to come towards me slowly and my eyes get watery.

'no! what the fuck timothee' he's right in front of me and i hit his arm.

'aurora please' he tries to touch my face and i slap his hand away immediately. his eyes are watery too.

'you said you would never hurt me' i hit his chest. he just stands with a hard expression on his face and tears rolling down his cheeks. i push him, wanting him to feel the same pain i feel.

'aurora' nicki grabs me from behind and wraps his arms around me hold me back. i try to squirm free but nicki's much to strong.

'let go of me!' nicki lets go and a push him away.

'aurora' they both say and both try to come near me. i back away.

'god, fuck both of you. it seems like i'm the one who always gets hurt because of both of you.' with that i run out the exit and wipe my tears away. i'm to hurt to cry.

fuck all of this. fuck timothee. i'm stupid for ever thinking timothee would treat me right. fuck being sad about him too. i'm so tired of this.

***

i ran to the lake to think. it's calming and the lake is beautiful. the sun is setting which makes the water sparkle.  i hear someone coming behind me and stand up immediately. standing in front of me is a sobbing timothee. he runs his hands through his hair.

'aurora, i'm sorry' his voice cracks, and he looks down at his hands. i look at the floor not wanting to look at him. my heart still hurts seeing him like this.

'i never meant to hurt you, i just needed something to take away the pain. i thought you chose him, nicki. i was so upset and numb.' i fell his eyes on my and i look at him. my heart longs for him still.

'aurora, i love you.' my heart flutters and i inhale. even when i'm hurt he makes everything go away.

🦋🦋

welp i don't know if i should just end it here or make an epilogue then be done but either way i hope you enjoy this! it's been a fun journey with this book.

xoxo