[ Chapter 13 - The Owner ]

Start from the beginning

"Vandia, be careful," he gave me a small smile and I nodded in return. 

I left him sitting on the floor, at the encyclopedia corner.

We both knew what our goal was, we were not going to stop until we completed it. 

I guess there was something in common between Beta and Iota after all; their drive. 

I headed toward the Literature corner, searching for books at the isle of fiction. Our library follows the Dewey Decimal System so I headed towards CAN. There were four shelves of books dedicated to authors with the surname starting with CAN. 

I heard myself sigh, this was going to be such a long search. 

Sports Fest was going to be held the day after tomorrow and the two of us should be arranging the players of our houses instead of this but we both agreed that this needed more attention. We planned on staying up tonight to fix the players for the events. 

I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be able to focus on arranging the name of players if I don't find that book today. I was praying to all the Gods out there to help me search for it. 

The thought that this girl got raped and abused more than once pissed me off. The thought that there was a possibility that she has not even gotten her justice, made me want to scream. The thought that the teacher who did it to her was still in this school made me want to burn the whole place down. 

Scion University seemed so prestigious and beautiful on the outside but it was so rotten deep inside. 

I knew all about it even before I have entered but what choice did our family have? Until now, I was not even sure who forced my father to enroll me here. I should be at Harvard instead. 

I had been searching for almost four hours when my phone rang, it was Tony. 

I made sure I went to the side before answering. There were a few students who were reading on the floor of the isles, I didn't want to disturb them. 

"Yes?"  I answered. 

"Cana, give us the list. Anne and I will take care of the players. We know that you have something on your mind, we can handle it anyway," he was straight forward. 

"I can manag-" he had cut me off. 

"No, we will do it. We don't want you to mess up the students who will participate in the events. Go focus on what you have to do, just make sure you finish it before Sports Fest because we would need you by then, Pres," he sounded serious. 

"But-" The sound from the other side went silent before the voice changed. 

"I hope you have not sold our house out to Beta," Anne teased. 

"Why would I?" I smirked even though they did not see me.