"Took you long enough!"

//

this is the longest chapter i've ever written in my whole life and i stayed up the whole night to write it lol. so it goes without saying, sorry for any grammatical errors, missing words, sentence fragments, etc. i was just REALLY excited to get this chapter out heheh. i hope you enjoy it! <3

//

"So let me get this straight. You and your little group of outlaws just let a terrorist go? You didn't think to alert the authorities?" Trisha asks in disbelief.

"Okay first of all, we are not outlaws," I defend before continuing, "and I told Steve what Zemo was going to do. I don't know why Zemo was still able to plant the bomb."

"That's because The Avengers are on the brink of being criminals," Trisha states, earning a questioning look from me. "Don't you watch the news?"

"No, it's too depressing and I got shit of my own to deal with," I mutter as we walk down the hallway.

"Okay, well after what happened in Sokovia, a lot of countries have agreed that The Avengers should not act on their own judgment. They have to sign the Sokovia accords or The Avengers are basically agreeing to become criminals."

"What?" I say in surprise as I enter the passcode to exit the base. "There's no way they're gonna be the government's bitch."

"Corinna," Trisha says in disappointment. "It's more than being the government's bitch. Do you know how many lives were lost in Sokovia? Not to mention, whatever happened down in Lagos does not help their case at all."

I stop walking at the mention of Lagos. My mind immediately is filled with images of the burning building.

"Okay...never mind. Maybe these accords actually can bring something good to the world," I mutter as I scan the various quinjets parked in front of the base.

"Anyways, I don't think Steve could get to Zemo because of the US government breathing down his neck to sign the accords." Trisha states as she comes to a stop next to me. "Let's take that one. It can do trans-Atlantic travel and if anything, we can stop at a private airfield in London to refuel if necessary."

"You know someone down in London?" I ask in surprise.

"Yeah, I got connections," Trisha replies with a smirk.

"Ah, I see." I reply playfully with a smile. "Okay, quinjet number three it is."

I walk over to a small locker and enter in the passcode to open the door before picking up the keys to the quinjet. Shutting the locker shut, I turn around and break into a jog to catch up to Trisha who's already waiting for me at the foot of the jet.

Pressing a button on the key, the quinjet's ramp slowly begins to descend. By the time it's completely open, I'm standing right next to Trisha.

Trisha begins to walk towards the ramp, but I grab her wrist, causing her to turn back to look at me.

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't want you to risk losing your job," I say.

"Listen, I'm not letting you do this by yourself. Besides, the FBI really isn't my vibe. It's too serious and the cases are not as interesting." Trisha replies with a small smile before taking her wrist out of my grasp to walk up the ramp.

With a sigh, I fix the straps of my backpack and follow her into the jet. Dropping my bag on a seat to the right of the ramp, my index finger hovers over the button that would lock the ramp, but I spot Jay standing at the base of the ramp.