Chapter 2

(Tyla in MM)

Tyla pov

I cleared my throat before taking a seat. I could feel Abel's eyes burning a hole into the side of my head.

Me: ok so you would like for me to be the creative consultant for the XO brand?

I said while reading over the file real quick. I would be choosing the brand models, at photo shoots, setting up outfits for the models, and looking over new designs. That didn't sound bad, but I would be working closely with Abel.

Abel: Yes, we would love to have you on the team.

Me: I think I'll take the offer. Please let my assistant know all the details. It was nice meeting you gentlemen. Have a nice day.

I said before gathering my stuff and walking out. I had to get out there quick. I couldn't help it I looked back at Abel. He looked emotionless and high. I shook my head different day same Abel.

Abel pov

Cash: Damn.

Hawk: That ass!

Hyghly: Can y'all shut up. Dang always scouting out bitches....she seems stuck up.

Cash: Nahh she was acting up....Abel probably fucked her and never called her back.

They all busted out laughing at my player ways while I watched on.

Me: That was Tyla.

Cash: oh shit!

Hawk: Dang why you leave her fine ass?!

Me:Hawk shut up like damn nigga!

I seriously needed a smoke, a drink, and a snort. I ran my hand through my wild hair. Seeing her brought back all types of emotions that I learned to ignore. I hated how when she saw me hurt was etched all over her face. If I knew it was her I was meeting with I never would've came. How can I face her after I beat her and left her when I found out she was pregnant. As all these thoughts swirled in my head it clicked. Tyla was the woman I saw at Starbucks when I was getting coffee for my girlfriend Alice. The little girl was my daughter. Wow. She was so beautiful...what am I saying she probably not even mine. I shook my head.

Me: Come on let's go.

I walked out the building and into the Toronto Sun. Tyla really went far with her life. I always knew she would but I thought I would be there to see it...that it would be with me. Seeing Tyla really fucked me up. I can only imagine how she feels.

Tyla pov

A part of me hoped Abel would call for after me, would chase me, but then I remembered who I was dealing with. I went into Tyler's office holding back tears. She gave me sympathetic look but didn't say anything.

Me:Come on Anaya lets go. Thank you Tyler.

Tyler: No problem.

I was so glad I could come in and leave when I pleased. I grabbed Anaya's hand since she didn't want me to pick her up. Walking out hand and hand I caught sight of Abel ahead of us. Anaya noticed to.

Anaya: Mommy!! That's the man from Starbucks!!

She started pulling towards him. All the commotion she was making caused alot of people to stop and stare, and caused Abel to turn around. I could see him contemplating wether to walk over or to act like he didn't see us. He started walking over. I wanted to turn and run but I had to be a big girl. It was time I faced my fears.

Me: Naya please stop and let me pick
you up.

She stopped and agreed to me picking her up. I felt like if she was in my arms she would be safer.