Chap. 9 prt 1

I sat on the couch, catching up with Empire. While Anaya played with her toys on the floor. After leaving Abel's place he texted me to let me know he would be coming by. I had to go to my moms so he would be watching Anaya. I was kind of hesitant about that, but I need to get used to her being with just him. A few minutes later I heard Abel walk in. I eyed him from the couch, he had black shades on and looked high. I didn't want to start an argument so I let it go, plus I trust that he wouldn't be high near our daughter. Anaya ran into his arms. I got my purse and got ready to go.

Me: Hey Abel.

Abel: Hey Ty.

Me: Are you sure you got this?

Abel: Yes Ty damn.

I had a bad feeling about this but I pushed the feeling away and bent down to hug and kiss Anaya. I walked out and pulled off. While I drove to my moms I listened to the radio till I finally got there. I got out the car and walked into the house.

Me: Hey mom, I'm here.

I said, announcing my presence. Me and my mom haven't been really close, really since Abel came into my life at 15.

Mom: I'm in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down.

Mom: Surprised to see you here.

She said with a bitter undertone. I rolled my eyes at her statement. She is always trying to start a fight.

Me: I haven't seen you in awhile so I decided to stop by.

Mom: oh...I see your sister everyday.

Me: Well Taylor can put up with your...never mind mom, I'm not trying to fight with you.

Mom: your right....how's Anaya?

My eyes widened in shock, mom never says I'm right, and she rarely ask about Anaya. To her she's the devil child since she was born out of wedlock.

Me: She's good, are you feeling ok?

I said while eyeing her suspiciously.

Mom: Yes child, I got something for Anaya.

I followed behind my mom as she went to go get Anaya's gift. She shyly handed me the box.

Mom: I made her a blanket, I didn't know her favorite color, so I made it in yours when you were little...blue. It's not much but I just want to say sorry for treating you and Anaya badly when you needed me the most.

I felt myself tearing up at my mothers words. She pulled me into a hug and we just stood there holding each other. I missed this. My phone started ringing off the hook. It was Abel. I quickly answered it.

Phone convo:

Me: hello?

Abel: What took you so long to answer?!

Me: I'm with my mom, what's wrong?

Abel: Anaya...

Me: What?!

Abel: She's in the hospital.

Me: What the hell happened?! Actually don't tell me ill be there.

I quickly hung up. I felt like the world was crashing around me. I knew I shouldn't have left her with him yet. I'm going to kill Abel!

Me: Mom I gotta go.

Mom: Why?

Me: Anaya is in the hospital. Bye mama.

I hugged her quickly before rushing out the house. I drove quickly to the hospital. I was probably breaking a lot of traffic laws, but I didn't care. My baby was hurt.
Once I got there I rushed out the car and into the hospital. I found Abel sitting in the waiting area.

Me: Where is she?! What happened?!

Abel: They're running test on her, we can't go back there. I fell asleep and and I heard a noise so I got up and she was at the foot of the stairs unconscious.

Me: You were supposed to watch her you moron!! I knew I shouldn't have left her with your bitch ass! That's sad I can't even trust her father to watch her!

I screamed at him causing people to stare.

Abel: I'm sorry Tyla, calm down.

He said reaching out to pull me into a hug. I put my hand out in a stop motion.

Me: Don't fucking touch me.

I said before turning away to talk to the nurse behind the desk.

Me: Hi, can I see my daughter?

Nurse: What's the patients name?

Me: Anaya Tesfaye.

Nurse: Nobody is allowed to see her right now.

Me: Fuck you mean? I'm her mom, she's only 3.

She ignored me and went on typing.
I snapped my hand in her face.

Nurse: Look lady you can't go back there now go sit your ass down and wait like everybody else.

Me: Excuse me bitch? I will snatch you from behind this counter and drag you on this floor! I'm not bout to just sit here not knowing what is wrong with my daughter. At least tell me something!

I said in frustration.

Nurse: You want me to tell you something?

Me: Yes!

Nurse: ok. There is no update.

For a second I looked at her, before reaching over and snatching her head and slamming it on the counter. I saw Abel running towards me from the corner of my eyes, and pulling my hands from her and pulling me back.

Nurse: I should call security on you!

Me: Try me bitch!

I said from behind Abel, who was apologizing on my behalf. I pulled away from him and walked away. I dont have time for bullshit right now. I sat down next to cash and texted Tyler. After a few minutes she arrived.

Tyler: What happened?!

I shrugged in response and pointed at Abel. I felt like I was watching everything from outside by body. I could see Tyler and Abel arguing, cash in my ear talking about something and me just rocking back in forth in my seat. It all seemed so far away. I could feel myself loosing my grip on reality.

Tyler: Hey Lala.

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, but didn't say anything.

Tyler: What's wrong with her?

Cash: I don't even know, she just stopped talking.