Chapter 10

Tyla Pov

I sat quietly next to Anaya's hospital bed with silent tears running down my face. I kept trying to figure out where did I go wrong. I tried to give Anaya the family she's always wanted and I failed. The beeping of the machines started to lull me to sleep. My head kept falling but I wanted to be there just incase she wakes up. I got up and took a walk around the room trying to keep myself up. As I took my fourth lap around the room I heard the door open. I assumed it was a nurse since I told everyone not to come today, so I didn't bother turning around. After a few minutes of not hearing any footsteps entering the room, I turned my head. Abel. My eyes furrowed in anger before they ran over his frame. He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks and his eyes looked so empty. My eyes softened as I walked towards him. I hesitated in front of him before wrapping my arms around him. As I held him he slowly started to break down and cry. I just stood there silently.

Abel: Tyla I'm so sorry. It's all my fault.

He kept repeating this over and over. I really wanted to be able to say "no it's not." But I honestly felt like it was. Who watches anyone's kid let alone your own kid high. He needs to grow up if he wants to be a dad. After a few more minutes of standing he got it together and we sat next to Anaya. We both sat staring at her. She looked so peaceful. I know my baby, I know she will come through, she is just like her mama. As I got lost in my thoughts about Anaya I felt a warm hand grab mine. I looked down at my hand that was intertwined with Abel's and then looked up at him. He looked really nervous. A part of me wanted remove my hand but another stronger part of me didn't want to.

Abel: Tyla I've been thinking maybe we could try again at being a family, but I want us to be together. And I promise this won't happen again to prove I'm serious, I got you a promise ring.

I started to panic. Has he lost his damn mind?

Tyla: Abel seriously what the fu- (gco)

I was interrupted by the beeping of machines. My head snapped towards Anaya and I stood up next her bed. She was awake!!

Tyla: Oh my God!!! Oh my God!!! Abel she's awake! She's awake!!

I was so excited I flew into Abel's arms . Tears of joy streamed down my face. I knew she would make it. Abel took my face into his hands and pulled it back. I stared up at him as he wiped away my years and kissed my forehead. I don't know what took over me but leaned in and kissed him. I felt him deepening the kiss and biting my lip for entrance. I quickly pushed him away and got myself together. He looked hurt.

Tyla: I'm sorry I don't know why I did that.

Abel: Yeah.

Tyla: Umm yeah....could you get a nurse or something?

He walked out with out saying a word. I looked down at Anaya's big brown eyes and kissed her fore head

Tyla: Hi baby. I missed you.

Abel Pov

As I walked out and rounded the corner I ran right into this really pretty lady.

Abel: I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention.

As she moved her hair out of her face I realized it was Tyler. Oh God.

Tyler: Yeah? Well you better start paying attention and watch your back. Yeah that's right I saw and heard everything. That should be me not Tyla and you know that! But that's ok cause that will be me soon.

She said before stomping away. Why do I always get mixed up with crazy hoes?