"Dre. I'll be good. Handle your business", Aaliyah said with a smile. "I'll be here holding it down"

Dre looks down and rubs her head. "I need a haircut", he said to himself.

"Dre? You're ignoring me", she said.

"I already told you no. I hate repeating myself Aaliyah and you know that", he said.

"I don't care what you don't like doing. I'm not asking you, I'm telling you", Aaliyah said.

"...I almost lost you once. I'm not doing that again", he said.

"Dre you're not going to loose me", she said. "The longer you don't handle what you need to handle and these guys continue to look for you or us.. then you're still not protecting me", Aaliyah said.

Dre leaned forward while sitting down.

"I'll be fine here.. I kinda like the vibes here anyway",she said.

Dre looks at Aaliyah. "You be alone", he said.

Aaliyah shrugged her shoulders. "I'll keep myself busy", she said. "I've lived alone before"

"But not in a place you don't know about", he said.

"And I always wanted a change in scenery", she said. "Besides when have you known me to be scared"

"You're always scared Aaliyah. You just don't show it", he said.

Aaliyah didn't say anything.

"But if you think you can handle yourself then...I'll go", he said.

Aaliyah nods. "My only request is that you come back to me", she said.

"Of course", he said before he kissed her cheek.

Aaliyah smiles.

Dre looks forward and thinks to himself. "...I have a question", he said.

"Okay?", he said.

"Do- what do you see yourself doing in the future?", he asked.

Aaliyah was surprised that he asked that. She was quiet for a moment. "...honestly, I never thought about it. My future. I guess I've always been the type to live in the moment", she said.

Dre looked at her.

"Why?", she asked.

Dre let out a deep breath as he stood up. "Nothing mama. Just asking", he said.

Aaliyah makes a face.

"What?", he asked.

"Nothing", he said. "I was just asking"

Aaliyah watches him.

"I'm about to go in the kitchen", Dre said.

"Same. I need to put the groceries up", she said.

"I'll do it", he said as he walked out.

Aaliyah sat there thinking to herself. She didn't want Dre to leave because she didn't know if she'll see him again but then again she didn't want to feel as if she was holding him back.

Aaliyah got up and grabbed her suitcase and walked back into the closet. When she placed her suitcase in the spot she wanted it to be, she saw a black box. She picked it up and opened it. He was rose gold ring with diamonds in it.

Aaliyah starred at it because it was beautiful then wondered what it was for

Aaliyah starred at it because it was beautiful then wondered what it was for. Only one thing ran through he mind.

"Bae", Dre called from a far.

Aaliyah quickly put the ring back where she found and walked out the closet and to the room door. "Yes?", she asked.

"You cooking or am I?", he asked.

"You can if you want", she said nervously but with a smile.

Dre looked at her weird. "You okay?", he asked.

"What? I'm fine", she said.

"...okay", he said. "I'm about to start dinner"

Aaliyah nods. "Okay", she said.

Dre walks away.

Aaliyah stops smiling and sits down and begins to think to herself. She thought it was no way he would propose so that was out of the question for her. She just couldn't understand what it was for.

TO BE CONTINUED...