Jingle bells

I had woken up to two people arguing, I remembered the first time I had woken up to two people arguing, but I liked the sound of their voices, but at this moment I hated the sounds. Fully awake I got up to follow the voices, it was coming out of Erens living room.

"How dare you sleep with a man in this house, my house, don't do that disgusting shit here", Eren looked at his uncle disgusted and took all the liquor and alcohol he had on his table and walked to the kitchen to pour it out "Who told you, you can fucking touch that, you fag", Eren proceeded to pour out all the bottles and throw them in a plastic bag.

"Maybe if you wouldn't fucking smell like booze when you get home, you would be in your right mind. You're a sad excuse for an uncle. You disgust me and you sit there thinking you have the right to call me fag, at least Im not lonely and miserable, old man", his uncle wanted to hit him but I rushed in front of Eren and got hit instead, I was shocked even though I knew it would happen, so was his uncle apparently but he still managed to spit on the floor before calling me a whore and leaving the house not without slamming the door on his way out.

"Are you okay", I asked him and Eren sighed out of relief when he confirmed there was no wound and hugged me. "Don't you do that ever again", I hugged him back and patted him on the top of his head so he'd calm down "I'm fine, you'd do the same. I'm sorry that just happened with your uncle. You're not disgusting", Eren took a step back and observed me and finally smiled but it was an exhausted smile, he then kissed me on my forehead and sighed. "I don't want to get you involved in our family issues, go home for today, okay? I'll see you for that Christmas dinner", I didn't want to leave but I understood that if I stayed, he'd get into further trouble with his uncle so I got my stuff and put on my bag, at the door, we just stared at each other for a few minutes and he kissed me and that kiss meant goodbye so I smiled once more and left with a heavy heart.

The next few days I didn't hear from Eren, despite all the phone calls and text messages and I couldn't bring myself to text Historia back either.

All of a sudden it was Christmas eve and I found mother in the kitchen cooking excitedly. She looked over at me with that expression that knew something was wrong "You've been locked up since that day, is he still coming over? The handsome one with the green eyes.", she filled the turkey with cut up vegetables, pots and pans were all over the place. "I think so, mom, you're right. I think I'm gonna go out for a bit, okay?", she nodded happily while humming jingle bells.

The mall was opened and I still hadn't gotten Eren his present, so I went to search for one. I really wanted to go see him but I held back and concentrated on the present. After looking through multiple stores, this necklace caught my eye, it's was a leather necklace with a beautiful silver key hanging from it, for some reason I wanted him to have it, so that's what I bought along with his favorite chocolates.

The next day, mom and I were preparing the Christmas dinner, we had set for four people even though I didn't really want Erens uncle there, I was more focused on worrying if he was coming anyway. The doorbell rang and my heart jumped out of my chest, mom opened the door and this stranger came in with Eren, who had given my mother a bouquet of flowers "This is my uncle and uncle, this is Armins mother", mother smiled and introduced herself sweetly. Eren finally looked at me and smiled, he looked so sad before I could say something, mother cut in "How about you two go wait, I'll finish up here and I'm sure Erens Uncle would like to have a conversation", Eren nodded and took my hand rushing to my bedroom, he let go and opened his arms and I hugged him "I missed you", he whispered, I nodded agreeingly embracing him.

"Where have you been", I asked and he sat on my bed, pulling me on top of him to sit on his lap facing him. "I told my uncle I loved you when he came back sober. At first we both avoided each other and he didn't let me out to see you. I got the courage to finally talk to him yesterday and we talked about everything, not just about you and me. Armin, He's going to AA meetings starting in January. He apologized and accepted my sexual orientation.