Let's hold hands

Later Eren picked me up from class to take me to his house "We'll have to walk, is that okay?" I nodded and followed him, something seemed off while we were walking, he was usually more talkative but he seemed worried "Are you okay?", I wasn't sure if I was allowed but I wanted him to know that'd I'd listen, it was the least I could do, I want him to trust me. He seemed a bit surprised by my question but shook his head no and smiled, I don't know why but I took his hand "Let's hold hands until we get there, okay Eren?", I'm not sure what I was doing but as he squeezed my hand tight, my heart jumped and I knew it didn't bother me because it was Eren, even if I had known him for only three days. The rest of the way, we didn't talk but neither of us loosened our hands grip either.

When he finally let go, we stopped in front of a house and he took a key out of his pocket, as the door opened he took his shoes off by the entrance, so I did the same. An old looking smelly old man greeted us "Hey boys", he walked past us to get a beer and went back into the room, he came out of, not interested in me at all, but Eren probably found it rude since he went straight for his door swinging it wide open "This is Armin, by the way", he commented snarky then slammed the door shut and told me to follow him. "Who was that?", he sighed at the question and sat on his bed "That's my uncle", I sat on his chair and waited for more, but he didn't add anything, I wanted to pry but it would be rude, I barely know him, but isnt that more reason to ask. "I live alone with my mom, dad left her when I was born", I decided to trust him with that, hoping he'd warm up to me. He looked up at me and smiled but it was a sad smile "You're my savior, Armin", I didn't expect him to say something like that, I mean I'm this small fry and hes the big jock, it's the other way around to be honest.

"My mom has been dead since I was 5 and my dad left me because science was more important, my uncle got stuck with me. Hes not a bad guy, hes just useless", I got up to sit next to him and held his hand again. We were both quiet for a while "Armin, tell me more about yourself", he said softly, looking at me "I like the ocean, even though I've never been", I laughed pathetically, I probably would never be able to see it, because I'm comfortable staying where I am, so is mom which is why we don't travel.

"Well, how about I take you to the ocean", my eyes swelled up and I didn't know why but I feel like with Eren by my side, I should try to catch up to him and break out of my shell. "Its a promise", he wiped my tears away and patted my head. "Come on, toughen up, Armin.", I nodded still sobbing but I was happy, really happy.