Chapter 20 - Kladora

Hi so I am sorry it has taken me so long to write this but it got deleted once so I had to re-write it again.  

so I really love this idea and I hope I can do it justice.  

I also hope you all love it! Cause I am writing this instead of my English Exam.

Also, I don't edit normally cause I am horrible at it.  So if you see an error POLITELY please tell me. 

At the beginning of the story, Isadora is 14, and Klaus is 15.

Thank you!

---

1976

"I am scared." 

Those were the only words Isadora uttered to Klaus. 

Klaus and Isadora have been inseparable since they first met at Prufrock Preparatory School.

It was understandable.  They both lost their parents at a young age, they are being chased by the same greedy ugly man, they both love reading, and they both find a liking to each other. 

However, no matter how happy and cheerful that may sound, their lives are far from fortunate. 

Today was a day full of dread and sadness.

Now even if they are together, they still were stuck in a box at the bottom of a hole, where Count Olaf had left them.  

"It will be okay, I promise Izzy." 

The thing about these two is that the word promise was a word only said with full sincerity.  It was their word.  This was almost like a safe word.  To tell another person that it will in fact be okay or they will complete a task.  

Those 7 words that Klaus had said were the only things Isadora needed to hear to know that it would eventually be okay. 

1980

It has been 3 years since that day.  Three years without Count Olaf.  Three years of them falling in love.  Three years since they finally found peace in their lives.  Now they may not have found total peace but they have in fact finally settled down.  Isadora is writing more poems in hopes to share strength and unity, with others that may have lost someone they love dearly.  Klaus is reading more he reads all about architecture and space.  

To say it in simple terms they are happy with their lives.  They with their siblings in a small apartment at school.  They are taking on the world.  

"Klaus" Isadora says intently.

"Yes" 

"Remember three years ago, when you said I promise  it will all be okay?" 

"Certainly."

"Well, I think that the promise was finally fulfilled.  We are okay." 

1982

 Isadora and Klaus are officially together.  Now you may think, "I thought they have been together"

The answer to that thought is, no.  It may seem odd, but they simply didn't want a label.  They wanted to enjoy the fortunate things that they were receiving in life after the many unfortunate things that had happened before.  

To say the least, after being "together" for six years they would have been a couple a long time ago.

"Izzie?" 

"Umm...I was wondering if...you maybe would want to go out to dinner with me?" Klaus asks nervously. 

"Of course Klaus, that sounds lovely."