Chapter Fifteen - I Think We're Alone Now

Start from the beginning

"My dad wasn't in the Slug Club either," Addy said. "Lucky bastard."

Alison scrunched her face, her smile digging deeper until a dimple showed at the righthand corner of her mouth. "You realize that it was 1996, he was probably already recruited as one of Tom Riddle's cronies. Against his will, obviously."

"It's like your saying that students had the exclusive choice of joining either the Slug Club or Tom Riddle – "

"No – " Alison laughed boisterously, covering her mouth at once when she realized that her voice bounced off the walls of the Great Hall. "You are a menace."

Not soon after finishing their breakfast, groups of students began to file out of the Great Hall, the girls observed the first and second years who were enviously watching the upper-year students clothed in their casuals leave school grounds via the carriages awaiting them beyond the courtyard. While Ariadne was glugging down the last of her apple juice, a soft punch met her shoulder, urging her to look for the source.

((Right: Ali; Left: Addy))

Isobel and Vega stood behind her, both of them smiling deviously at Alison who sat across the table

Isobel and Vega stood behind her, both of them smiling deviously at Alison who sat across the table. "So, we finally meet." Vega mused, taking the empty space on the bench next to Addy. "We haven't seen much of our friend here for so long, we actually considered the theory that she was actually being a good student, holed up in the library or somewhere."

"I told you guys I was hanging out with Ali," Ariadne said, feeling her cheeks flush at the sudden intrusion in her life. "Well, the thing is," Isobel mused slowly as she sank in beside her friend. "You never formally introduced us, it's almost as if you want to keep little Ali all to yourself."

Ariadne began to collect her things in a huff, standing up far too quickly that Isobel and Vega lost their balance and knocked each other's heads like fallen coconuts. "Right. Alison, these are my overbearing friends, Izzy and Vega. She's a Gryffindor, you can tell by the whiff of hubris smoking from her brain – "

 She's a Gryffindor, you can tell by the whiff of hubris smoking from her brain – "

"Hey!"

"And Vega, well – "

"Manuel, right?" Alison interjected. "One of the Ravenclaw's Chasers."