Eternally Bound

"Love..." Xanthia said under her breath, her hands getting caught in her lover's hair.

Cyanea is moving down, her lips tracing the skin on Xanthia's neck, down to the base of her stomach, "Yes, love?"

Xanthia tried to catch her breath, "We cannot..." she barely whispered, pushing her lover away and covering herself up with the sheets.

Cyanea sighs heavily, as she sits up, pulling her robes up, "We cannot what, my love?"

"Do... this. Not yet." Xanthia said, wrapping the sheets tighter around her bare body.

"We are married, love. We have been wed by the gods themselves." Cyanea said, desperate to hide the frustration she felt.

Xanthia moved to stand up, finding her robes on the floor, "Yes, we are. I...I am not... I am not ready."

Suddenly, Cyanea's heart softened. She takes in a breath and goes to her lover – her wife – and encloses her in a warm embrace, "I see. I understand. I can wait. There is no rush."

Xanthia turned in Cyanea's arms, facing her, "I... There is something I want to do. On the day after tomorrow, meet me at the meadow where we first met." She said softly before planting a kiss on her wife's forehead.

Cyanea sighed at the tender gesture, "I will. I love you."

Xanthia smiled, leaning closer for a proper kiss. It was soft and slow and very gentle – it was their favorite kind of kiss, "I love you. For all eternity, I am yours."

- - -

Cyanea woke up to find herself alone, no sign of her wife in sight. She sat up, and realized it was barely morning, the stars haven't left the sky. But she can feel that it was almost morning, the sun was soon to rise.

Before she could stand up, she found a note by her side. She lights up the candle nearest her so she can read the note.

"Love,

Wait until the sun is at its highest in the sky.

Wear the white dress I brought for you on the eve of the day we revealed our love for each other.

Do you remember how you wore your hair on the day I found you waiting for me outside the temple of Aphrodite?

I will be waiting at the meadow where we first met.

Yours for all eternity, Xanthia"

Cyanea smiled, thinking about all the details Xanthia had asked for in the note.

When the sun is highest in the sky, noon. They often met in secret at noon. Cyanea claimed it was because the sun illuminated Xanthia's golden hair. Xanthia loved to say that it was at noon when the sky was the blue of Cyanea's name.

The dress was the most beautiful dress Cyanea had ever owned. "My mother made this, for you. I asked her to, and she did." Xanthia had said as she delicately handed the carefully folded dress. She had only worn it once, on the night they dared to face the gods. She had no other reason to wear it again, except today.

The hair she wore the day Xanthia found her waiting outside the temple of Aphrodite – that would take time, but she was more than willing to do it for her love. Back then, she wore her hair that way to tease Xanthia with the sight of her neck. That was the first time Xanthia ever kissed her neck.

Cyanea blows out the candle and waits for the sun to peek through the mountains before she got out of bed.

She decides to go to the river to bathe. She wanted to be properly prepared for whatever it is her beloved wife had waiting for her. She would only clean her body, she could not wash her hair for it would take long to dry, and she needed to fix it the way Xanthia asked for.