Twenty-eighth Week

Hey, Sky.

Thank you for the monthly flowers. You never failed to send blue roses and forget-me-not every month. You really are the most thoughtful. Your gestures warmed my heart.

I put it on my favorite vase. Isang oras ata akong nakatingin lang sa mga bulaklak. I remembered the first time you gave me blue roses. It was during our Moving Up Ceremony.

At sa nakaraang pitong buwan, you started giving forget-me-not. It's to remind me, right? To always remember you? Kahit lagi naman kitang kinakausap. Miss na miss mo na siguro ako.

Miss na miss na miss na miss na rin kita.

Kakauwi ko lang ngayon galing sa ruins. It's already midnight here. It's your haven, right? You love it there. Sobrang gandang pagmasdan ang mga nagniningning na ilaw galing sa mga gusali. I stood near the cliff and watched the city lights, with you on my mind.

That was your escape. That scenery.

It was painfully beautiful. As I reminisced the first time you brought me there.

But today, I looked back at it with a grateful heart. It is a place that reminds me of you. And how much you grew into a more beautiful person for having been broken.

"Troian, how well do you know me?"

I didn't understand what the heck was happening. Hindi matigil ang pag-iyak ko. From the long drive just to get here, hindi mo ko kinikibo even though I bombarded you with so much questions.

I was so worried, Sky. What happened to you? Why do you look...sad?

And I hated myself because I failed to notice it. Kasalan ko iyon eh. I've always pictured you to be a ray of sun. Laging masaya. I never knew that behind those smiles, you were actually hurting.

"Sky, please come home." I pleaded. You let me hold you. I'm still clueless of what's happening to you, but I just want to bring you back.

"I will." Marahan mong pinisil ang kamay ko. "I want to show you something." And you pulled me inside the castle ruins.

I felt like there was a huge gap between us. You held my hand, urging me to follow you but I noticed how much you were trying to hide something. Like you're not letting me in fully.

You were gone for a week before appearing at my doorstep with your family car. Ilang sapak ang ginawad ko sayo nang nagpakita ka na ulit. I was ugly crying while nagging you at the same time. Sa tanda ko, minura rin kita.

After the acquaintance party, you attended classes for three days. And then, you just suddenly disappeared.

"He's absent. Called in sick." Maikling sagot ni Lelouch nang napuna kong wala ka noong lunch break. Then, they all gave each other knowing looks. Magui and I were confused as hell.

You didn't even message me that you're sick. So, I texted and called you but you were out of reach.

I went to your house after class and I only found the twins.

"Where's your Kuya? I thought he's sick?"

"He is." Si Naomhan. Saoirse gave him a warning look before she nervously tried to answer me.

"He's not here, Ate. He went somewhere."

"Saan?"

"We don't know."

"What do you mean? May sakit siya at umalis pa?" Medyo tumaas ang boses ko at kitang kita ko ang takot sa mata ni Saoirse.

"Kuya's just taking his time. He'll come back. Don't worry." Van countered.